Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What happened to the eBay reporting thread? Fake error $100 polymer altered

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  9:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wizard1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Such a shame that someone with such an established account doesn't know any better.. If it were a newish account you could possibly blame ignorance.... But this guy
Come on.....

The hologram has clearly been removed (and there's remnants of parts of it still visible). If you're going to do something like this, why the heck would you half butt the job?

Item 192684440763

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192684440763

Edited by Wizard1
10/09/2018 11:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
11 bids - Caveat Emptor
Have you gotten your half dollar fix today?
Valued Member
Canada
63 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2018  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Loruca to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks legit but damaged to me...
Is there something I'm missing?
-Oh wait....

Edited by Loruca
10/09/2018 11:07 pm
Valued Member
Canada
311 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Such a shame that someone with such an established account doesn't know any better.. If it were a newish account you could possibly blame ignorance.... But this guy
Come on.....

This person seems to be into stamps more than bank notes. Is offering a good return policy. Could be a legitimate oversight.

The reality is a currency grading service has certified a note like this one so why blame this person.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4074 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you think this note is a real error ?
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizard1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
idk , he sells graded and ungraded notes, so imo it's hard to claim oversight. Personally if I'm not 100% sure an error is legit, I would NOT even attempt to put it up for sale

The holograms are printed onto the substrate in one pass, it would be highly unlikely such spotty/patchy print would only show up at the top portion and be blank on the bottom.
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizard1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did this in about 10 minutes.

Plus another 5 minutes. Look familiar?

Edited by Wizard1
10/11/2018 12:29 am
Valued Member
Canada
311 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you think this note is a real error ?

There was a great discussion a while ago on this forum about the ease with which the hologram could be removed with some chemicals. I'll try to dig the post out.

I believe that the Charlton GPMC does not consider the missing hologram on Frontiers Series Notes as a valid error as it can be easily duplicated.
Valued Member
Canada
311 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the post where the member had experimented with chemicals and which was able to remove the metal on hologram stripe with much ease:

http://goccf.com/t/179168#1658100

http://goccf.com/t/179168#1658100 br /
Valued Member
Canada
152 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2018  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wizard1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the item went *poof*. Thank god
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05