Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1875 Victoria 1 rupee, Bombay mint.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Spain
20 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got this in the mail today. I really like the design of the floral wreath and the bust of Victoria is also more comely than the more matronly busts of later years. This coin was issued by the crown as opposed to the coinage issued under the British East India Company since control of India was passed to the Crown after the Indian Revolt in 1857. You can tell its the Bombay mint from the small dot underneath the year on the reverse.

Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that it is very nice!

Thanks for sharing!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13629 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin!
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canefan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's a nice example!

Not trying to hijack your post but I noticed you are in Spain. What is the coin collecting community like there? It has been many years since I visited Spain but I loved my time there.
Spain
20 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Canefan: Well, it's pretty good. There is a preference for Spanish coinage among the local collectors, so lately I have spent a while visiting the online auction houses, picking through the lots that didn't sell and picking up whatever hits my fancy (That's how I got this one and a couple of Buffalo nickels I posted in another thread). This being Spain there is also a large selection available of my favorite coin type the pillar dollar (here is a link to a recent auction https://www.tauleryfau.com/es/subas...e-2018-1081). There is also a flea-market close to my house every Saturday where I go to pick through whatever they have. A dude with a brick and mortar coin store in Malaga has a stand there as well as another guy that specializes in pillar dollars and Russian gold and silver coins (the author of this blog: moneditis.com). There are also several coin shops in Malaga proper, so I cant complain really.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28776 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, and appears to be in great condition!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spain
20 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Volvicch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dorado: Looking at this, looks like it's a Type A Bust, Type II Reverse. Thanks for that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@Dorado: Looking at this, looks like it's a Type A Bust, Type II Reverse. Thanks for that.

You are welcome!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2317 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05