Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Silver maple leaf privy marks 2019

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2018  9:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add aperwin22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know what the RCM plans on having for privy marks on the silver maple leaf in 2019? Does the RCM ever give out this information?
Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6434 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2018  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RCM never shared this information.
In addition, they also practice "commissioned" privy SMLs.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3968 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any confirmed info, but I think it would be safe to assume that a Year of the Pig privy mark will be sponsored by some group (i.e., a commissioned piece) and the RCM will release a proof SML with a privy for the ANA's World's Fair of Money convention in August 2019.

I would also imagine at least one privy mark related to the 75th anniversary of a major event of World War II - D-Day perhaps?

As Silveroid noted, the RCM does not typically publish pre-release info on the privy-marked SMLs it produces for third parties, so a collector of these commissioned pieces needs to stay vigilant in searching for them via on-line forums and other precious metal web sites.

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2018
Pillar of the Community
Canada
586 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Privy mark coins are pretty neat because sometimes unknown privy coins that have been privately commissioned surface years later into the market. Probably the rarest is the 2004 M7 privy. Here is a short list of some of the really rare ones that surfaced well after initial release.
1. 2004 M7 Privy Maple
2. 2014 Horse/Chinese Double Privy Maple
3. 2015 Fisher House Privy
4. 2007 F12 Privy

A comprehensive list of privy Maple coins can be found here (a few recent issues are missing):

https://coins.www.collectors-societ...SetID=154606

Valued Member
United States
87 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2018  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crusherjc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JGG,
I have never seen or heard about the "2004 M7 Privy Maple" and haven't been able to find anything about it online. Do you have a pic of it?
Thanks,
Jim
Pillar of the Community
Canada
586 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2018  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,
My bad. I used an example of a gold maple as opposed to a silver maple in my response. Here is the picture as requested, but the M7 coins only exist in 1/4 oz gold. JGG

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05