Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wondering what Overton variety this 1832 capped bust half is.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2018  11:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mattsobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I recently purchased this coin, and I was wondering what overton variety this half is. I looked at a couple websites that listed several of the overton varities, but I couldn't find one that matched. So I figured I would check with some experts here.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Matt

Edited by mattsobo
11/06/2018 11:38 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24369 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  04:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Whenever possible,remove coin from whatever type of holder it is in before taking pics.Also,it is best to flatten staples so they do not damage other coins in 2x2's.
Give it a bit and some members will help you with your question.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
62440 Posts
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mattsobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. After work I will get some pictures outside of the holder.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14146 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like an O-116.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mattsobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some pictures outside of the holder, since I was taking the coin out of the holder anyways I decided to use my usb microscope. It's not the best quality microscope, but I think these pictures are better then the ones I first Posted.

Thanks again!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
24369 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pics,what make model scope? And don't forget to flatten those staples on your 2x2's
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mattsobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, it's an andonstar 2.0 megapixel USB microscope. Got it off eBay for 70$. Plan to get an upgrade with my tax return :).
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great close up photos. It's definitely an O-116 based on the position of the stars and reverse letters, appearance of the arrowheads, and raised base of the A in STATES. Very late die state.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mattsobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome thanks! Think I'll hang on to this one for a while... Just love how dramatic it is.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mattsobo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I had one more question about this coin, I noticed that the nose,lips and the E in liberty seemed doubled. Just curious if it's some type of error or normal for this variety.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05