Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How To Sell Some Coloured Commemorative $2 Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2018  9:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lovingmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi there all, I am new to the coin selling game so please advise me what you might do in the following:
I am moving back to New Zealand and have 163x coloured $2 coins worth $326.
These have been kept in individual coin bags in a dark place, but not air tight. I have 20 varieties (including 2x worn out 2012 Anzac Remembrance $2 Red Poppy and 10x Purple 2013 60yr Coronation $2 coins as well as the 3 different Possum Magic coins etc)

Where and how would you sell these?
Or, is it worth keeping hold of them for a few more years?

Thanks for your help!
Learn More...
United States
80942 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your reply was split into its own topic for the proper attention.

You will need to upload your photos here.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer

Also, please be aware of our Buy/Sell/Trade Rules.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1415 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whether they will go up in value I don't know - some of them have in the last few years but I think where they go might depend on what future coloured $2 coins get produced.
I'd go with ebay just because it's a big marketplace. I don't know how quickly you'd sell them individually or in small groups but I'm sure a bulk listing starting at face value would move them pretty quickly.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3173 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colored 2 dollar coins are somewhat difficult to find in circulation despite the somewhat large mintage figures! Shows that there are a lot of 'collectors' out there.

You can see them for sale at flea market for 5-10 dollars each and they still sell because a lot of people will struggle to find them in change!
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
527 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  12:39 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi just saw this post and I think that is the sort of advice ill give (ebay or some other site but it would still take time if you want top price for them). however I am interest in those coins not sure if you allowed to PM price(personal message)?
Swap list : http://goccf.com/t/334449
Free coins for (post 500)competition
http://goccf.com/t/350686&whichpage=3
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18660 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2018  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post them on eBay which is most likely the easiest way to sell them.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05