Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Apollo 11 Commems - Released January 24th, 2019

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 869 / Views: 54,195Next Topic
Page: of 58
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2019  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my five replacement sleeves this morning. Same thing as above, large envelope and they are flat packed inside. Fairly fast for the mint, now I wonder if they got it all correct this time! Lol.
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2019  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fairly fast for the mint, now I wonder if they got it all correct this time! Lol.
Let us know. I am waiting to order my replacement.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received mine today as well. Interestingly, they spelled my first name wrong. That indicates to me that they're not tying the replacements to the original orders.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I think they are, because they asked me for my original order # to verify that I qualify. However, I don't think they have an automated way to issue these replacements so I'm guessing the call center folks have to hand-enter a new order. Just a guess.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To reinforce what I said above, I was cleaning my office and about to chuck the manila envelope in which these replacement sleeves showed up... but then I noticed a sheet of paper inside the envelope I had missed before. It is a letter to me from the Mint. On it, it states my original order number. So, I have to say they are tying them to the original orders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1509 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2019  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They asked for my original order number too, so that could be.
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apollo 11 currency set has info on it now:

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) is pleased to introduce the 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Currency Set to celebrate the moon landing. The set features a Series 2013 $50 note with a serial number beginning with "1969" and an engraved representation of the famous "Buzz Aldrin on the Moon" photograph taken July 20, 1969. The reflection in Aldrin's visor—which includes Neil Armstrong, the United States flag, and the lunar lander—is embossed. The note is protected by a clear, acid-free polymer sleeve, and the engraved print features a limited edition number matching the last four digits of the serial number on the $50 note.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fifty buck note isn't gonna be on my to buy list....
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks interesting, but that does put the price out of my range.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10494 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2019  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious to see the photos.

Quote:

Mintage Limit: 6,000
Product Limit: 5,700
Household Order Limit: 10
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
Valued Member
United States
291 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone ordered the Australian set?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4844 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  06:56 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I order a couple through APMEX. Should ship in a week or two
Pillar of the Community
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fox, any update on the Australian set you bought?
'Pytellc': I am still waiting for my $50 world coins from you, Mr. Carson Pytell!

*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade. - My coins for sale - Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
United States
916 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interestingly, the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Currency Set now shows as "currently unavailable".
Page: of 58 Previous TopicReplies: 869 / Views: 54,195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05