Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992-D LMC- WDDO- 001?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  4:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello. I found this coin while coin roll hunting today, and I think it exhibits the thickness of Wexlers DDO-001. The IGWT appears very wide and thick in my opinion. Again, I'm not too sure, so I would appreciate anyone's input. Thank you and happy hunting!

-CoinHunter27

Edited by CoinHunter27
11/20/2018 4:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1655 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found three and they have been confirmed. If you could take clearer pics of two areas, the R in LIBERTY and the R in TRUST. Make sure they are oriented properly and clear. As it stands right now, I cannot tell as there are shadows and pretty blurry.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. I will go see if I can take better pics. Sorry about the other ones. Thanks for responding too.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the very best I can do with the lens I have. I'm working on getting a new one soon. I hope this can provide the information you need. Thankful for the help. Anything you are looking for on the coin? Die markers or notches anywhere?

Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's tough to see but at the top of the R here it appears to be "doubled". Not sure if it's mechanical or true. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1655 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to say it looks as if it could be. The only thing I'm seeing to say it might be is the flattening of the devises.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I was thinking. It is definitely thicker and flatter than a regular 1992-D. I compared it side by side. Thanks for your help. Happy hunting!
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a side by side.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1572 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the side-by-side, I am leaning towards it just being flattened letters. Could be caused by circulation wear or a weak strike.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One last thing- Look at the thickness of the E on the DDO. It's a lot thicker than the regular in my opinion. Thanks everyone for your help! I look forward to your responses.
Edited by CoinHunter27
11/21/2018 11:56 am
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It also looks like LIBE in LIBERTY is thicker than the regular strike.
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2018  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On Wexlers variety with this coin the flatness of the devices is also present. How raised they are, I'm not sure.
Edited by CoinHunter27
11/20/2018 8:52 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33272 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2018  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2018  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey coop, is this what I think it Is? Is it the DDO?
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2018  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if the devices are closed up enough to be the DDO, but they look thick enough to me. The spaces in between the letters look good.also in Wexlers example, I don't see any obvious notching either....
Edited by CoinHunter27
11/21/2018 2:05 pm
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2018  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way thanks for all your help. Appreciate it.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05