Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austrian Notgeld Reference Catalog

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,609Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  08:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know where one could purchase a comprehensive catalog for Austrian notgeld?

Thanks!!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2018  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The most comprehensive is probably the "Katalog des österreichischen Notgeldes 1914-1924". I saw that Book Depository in England has it--they have free shipping to the US and I got my German and Austrian banknote books there, done by the same publisher. You could also try googling the name for other sources.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2018  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was just on eBay and saw a PDF of World Notgeld, 400 pages, being offered for $2.98. Looked interesting. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Bo...AOSwqmhb3tsx
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How is it that they only have 7 available if it is in PDF format?

If it truly is a Krause publication, $3 is an excellent value.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jay1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The world notgeld catalog described above is really just a list of countries and municipalities that have issued notgeld. There are no individual listings.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1834 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pertinax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PDF of World Notgeld

I paid $8 from FW Media/Krause.

I was extremely dissatisfied with this publication, I don't think it's worth even one penny.
Life Fellow, Royal Numismatic Society

My wants list: http://goccf.com/t/283145
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10499 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2018  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The world notgeld catalog described above is really just a list of countries and municipalities that have issued notgeld. There are no individual listings.

Seems to me like you could get that info with a Google search and save your money.

Quote:
I was extremely dissatisfied with this publication, I don't think it's worth even one penny.

Good to know. I'm surprised this bears the Krause name.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
537 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best and latest Austrian notgeld catalogues (A-N & O-Z) are by Johann Kodnar & Norbert Kuenstner. In full colour, they list all known variants I think. They are superb if you are forming a collection of Austrian notgeld.....'normal issues' and 'special issues' are covered.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,609Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05