Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying This Coin, Id: Singapore 1 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this coin in a roll of small cents I got from the bank. I can not figure it out as it has scratches that you will see. I am hoping it has enough detail for one of you seasoned coin viewers to help me out. I originally thought it to be a novelty coin but it's copper. I hope you can see the photos. My iPhone broke and now my pictures are horrible. Let me know if you need more photos. The date is on top of the second photo I don't know what is reverse or obverse on this coin but the date is hard to read and cant see a mint

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do finally see a Singapore written to the right side of the number one on the second photo
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also believe date reads 1975. Am I correct? And is it worth keeping even with condition of coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12478 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep here is the numista link:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3827.html

Not worth much over melt in this condition, but you might consider saving it until you get a coin from Singapore in better condition.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5371 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and

A 1975 Singapore cent that's been much abused!
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so I found it finally.

United States
44 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone thank you for the input and I will save it at least until I get a better one as suggested. Let's say it was in good shape what would I be looking at once graded let's say average grade
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12478 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2018  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the numista link that I included suggests that in VF-XF condition, you are talking about $0.20.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05