Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1877 Indian Head Penny - Any Input?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think the 1868/69 is that far off. PCGS (which is usually high) has the VF40 value listed as $600. On ebay, I found a listing for $350 for a XF25 and a sold XF40 for $650. Unfortunately it is always what the market dictates.
Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience. - Denis Waitley

I have a lot of experience - CoinsKelly
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the 1866/1--6, I think you took a little more of a hit due to the details grade but it could have been worse. I could not really find any good comparisons except an XF for sale at $210 by a dealer that I do not necessarily agree with.

It is always easy to look back and think that you could have take a better route. However, I do feel you did the best for your situation because you were able to liquify some funds for your father without the risk of later fighting with a dissatisfied buyer. That would have taken valuable time and energy away from your family.
Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience. - Denis Waitley

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJS2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As for the GC photos, the coins look 10 times better in person, not sure why they look so flat. They should have several shots with lighting at various angles so people get a really good view of all of the details, which is what I tried to do.
What exactly does 1--6 mean? Never saw anything listed like that before. Was hoping that was a good sign.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that it means that only the 1 and the last 6 were repunched. Having an Rpd or DDO/DDR does not always translate into a higher sale. It al depends on how actively that particular one is being sought at that time.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05