Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can anyone say where this coin is from?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  10:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kawliga to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm guessing either a George Foreman grill or a waffle iron with extra Crisco. Or, this is not how this coin is supposed to look.
I love how the beading on the 'lion' side just stops at the bottom before even running into the rim, like, "Yyyyyyeahhh...no."
Lion with a saber and a fish's sail fin is pretty cool though. Even better than a Finnish lion skating on a saber.

Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a 1 Rial from Iran. Probably from 1977 I think
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14861 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kawliga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woo hoo! Yall rock, thank you.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twinkinator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, Iran 1 rial. I can't read the last digit from the picture, but it looks like probably 1977. This link on Numista converts the Iranian calendar to Gregorian which I've found to be very helpful.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2133 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The quality of the strikings of many Iranian coins from that era are very poor, very mushy.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05