Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Koinon - Call For Papers For Volume Two - Here's A Bug In Your Ear (I Hope)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4174 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  9:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Nick Molinari, the editor of KOINON: The International Journal of Classical Numismatic Studies, has just today put out a call (at two other ancients/medieval forums) for papers for volume 2. Since Nick doesn't post here, I wanted to relay this to my Coin Community Family.

I strongly encourage members of this CCF board to consider submitting essays. I know of one of our group who is definitely committed to the idea and is already at work. Others should, in my opinion, entertain the idea. There is such a treasure trove of posts here, a number of which could be the basis of an article. Just saying: Comparative typographical elements on medieval coinage (such as comparing interpretations of the letter "A" or "S") - great potential article there! Comparative Indo-Sassanian typologies - now we're talkin'! (Got to see those reference numbers published and canonized!)

The editorial advisory board, which does the blind jurying of entries, includes some important individuals in the world of ancient numismatics: David Sear, Victor Clark, etc.

Archaeopress is the publisher: http://www.archaeopress.com/Archaeo...=11+Dec+2017

(If you scan down that page you'll spot the purple cover of KOINON, volume one)

Here is Nick's call - I hope some of you will consider heeding it:

"KOINON 2019 Call for Papers

Dear Friends,

Please see the links below for the formal Call for Papers for KOINON 2019, as well as the new style guide. We are switching to a modified Harvard style throughout, which should make things much easier and more efficient for writers, readers, and editors.

Call: https://www.academia.edu/37626661/K..._Papers_2019

Style Guide: https://www.academia.edu/37595182/K...ISSION_GUIDE

I am happy to discuss via email any ideas you might have. I also encourage the submission of new varieties (a cataloging task I might push off to another editor Grin). There are three possible outcomes for papers: declined, revise and resubmit, or accept (in which case there are only minor revisions needed).

I am happy to take a glance and offer feedback on an essay before formal submission.

Thanks for considering,

Nick"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1177 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orfew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this Bob.
"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Learn More...
United States
22288 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  01:59 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those of you that don't already know Bob has an outstanding article in Volume one on Parthian Silver Fraction coinage, there are also many other excellent articles.

Bob, do you know what the cost is for a subscription?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1301 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  03:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for letting us know Bob..

Will you be submitting an article in the second volume aswell?
Edited by Palouche
12/11/2018 03:55 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11124 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the deadline is the 1st of April, 2019 (no foolin'). Thanks for sending this out Bob. Despite your flattery, I'm not sure that I've done anything worth adding to the literature, but I will definitely think about it.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
4174 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
cost is for a subscription?

Since it's apparently going to be an annual publication, Ron, I don't think there will be subscriptions. And note: definitely cheaper to purchase directly from Archaeopress than other distributors like Amazon.

Quote:
Will you be submitting an article in the second volume aswell?

No, Paul.

Also, everyone: each issue will have a section devoted to previously unpublished types and/or varieties. I know that a number of you have come across interesting variants, unique retrogrades, etc. Those would qualify. For those who may have briefly owned, but then flipped, such coins, I'm pretty sure I recall Nick saying, in another forum, that a submitted coin doesn't need to currently be in your possession - although that's a point that should be confirmed with him. I'm pleased to have contributed an apparently unique Elymaean tet to that section in volume one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11124 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2018  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just sent an email to Mr. Molinari...
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
4174 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2018  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just sent an email to Mr. Molinari...

Great! I'm glad your interest has been piqued, Dave.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05