Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Solved: 1342-1357, Ar Dirham or Dang, Saray Al-jadida Mint (Golden Horde)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Netherlands
57 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2019  08:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MetzKaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Coin Community,

I've bought this silver coin. The seller explanation is that it dates back to the Golden Horde. True or false? I have no clue. Is it possible to label this coin with date/origin?

Thanks in advance,

Kaj

Edited by MetzKaj
01/05/2019 07:35 am
Learn More...
United States
21952 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2019  09:20 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community

Please post only one or two coins per thread, Images will also have to be a bit larger.
Valued Member
Netherlands
57 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2019  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MetzKaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi echizento,

I edited the topic. Thank you.
Learn More...
United States
64960 Posts
Valued Member
United States
477 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Golden Horde, Jani Beg, 1342-1357, AR dirham or dang, Saray al-Jadida mint, dated AH 745. The first image has the mint and date. The second image names the ruler: al-sultan al-'adil Jalal al-Din Mahmud Jani Beg Khan. Album (2011), Checklist of Islamic Coins, 2027.
Edited by Kushanshah
01/04/2019 8:14 pm
Valued Member
Netherlands
57 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MetzKaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! I really need to up my arabic (or start to buy the right books). :d
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05