Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Tell Me If This Coin is Worth Any Thing. 2013-D LSC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  10:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add n2lr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

if its the one on youtube like the 2010 penny

Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the one on YouTube?

I am definitely out of the loop!
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n2lr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's the link...
M-78Fncr-ZQ

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. [youtube][/youtube] Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2019  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's the link...

Thank you
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sullysullinburg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I am missing something, but this just looks like a circulated 2013 cent.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n2lr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
535 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin has to be uncirculated and practically flawless to "qualify" as one of the ones from the video. That means there should be no bag marks or spots or scratches or any other disturbances on the coin at all. The coin in your case is simply an XF-AU coin, not an MS uncirculated one.
Lincoln cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Jefferson nickels - Done / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 4 Holes / Washington quarters - 10 holes /
Kennedy halves - 10 Holes / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes
Other works in progress - Barber/SLQ combined / Indian Head cents / 7070

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n2lr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1378 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is your coin in MS68 Red. If your coin was perfect.
https://coins.ha.com/itm/lincoln-ce...bnail-071515
It sold for $74 in June 2018.
One of the video's 2010-Ds in MS67 Red sold for almost $5000 in April 2013, because it was the sole finest. Then another one same grade sold in August 2015 for just a hair over $1000. It was one of five then. Now PCGS has 11 of them in MS67 Red and one MS67+. The most recent sale on Heritage for an identical coin in June 2017 was $258.
Can you see how this goes? The person in 2013 wanted the only best coin, for bragging rights. 2 years later, they had lost four thousand dollars, and by today, their coin might be worth a few hundred bucks.
Bottom line, don't fall for videos like that. Learn to do your own research.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2504 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do find one interesting piece of information in that video: the fact that the Philadelphia P mint mark is now found on 2017 Lincoln cents.

I also highly doubt anyone is going to be able to find the shield penny worth $6000 in loose pocket change rubbing up against other coins.

The type of nicks that keep a coin from hitting 68 and above are so infinitesimally tny that you would never know they were even there even if you were looking at them with the 10 Power Loop.

I personally would spend my time looking for these types of gems within sealed mint sets. Otherwise you'll be spending a lot of time exercising in futility wasting your time.

Type into Google 'PCGS photograde' and study the pictures of MS 67, 68, 69 and 70 and imagine the difficulty differentiating between them.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8864 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2019  01:42 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The type of nicks that keep a coin from hitting 68 and above are so infinitesimally tny that you would never know they were even there even if you were looking at them with the 10 Power Loop.

NGC states that a 70 grade is based on only 5x magnification and that is what I understand to be the standard (PCGS also uses that standard). ANACS states "5x, 7x, and 10x" usage, but doesn't specify for what.

So, if it cannot be seen at 5x, then it doesn't matter for a TPG and I think that's quite reasonable.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05