Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cent Album Options/Ideas?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  08:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

Aside from the Dansco 8100 or a Whitman album, are there any other options / brands I am not aware of?

My collection is currently in the Dansco 8100 which ends in 2016, and I've had to put the last three years of business strikes and proofs on a blank page, as well as use a blank page for some earlier proofs for which spaces aren't included in the album.

I'm not married to the look and feel of the Dansco, and never really see the Whitman used. I'm also open to splitting it up into 2 or more albums.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4540 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeturbo26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why don't these go passed 2010?!?! Lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
4540 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out this guys set.

http://goccf.com/t/337555

Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1665 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do 2x2 and found binders that I found eye pleasing. That way I label my own and put it in whatever order want and don't need to worry about having a hole for a coin that costs a million dollars that I would never own. A hole would drive me nuts!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
760 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2019  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could buy the Dansco 8104 which starts in 2010 with the design change. That's what I've got as of now for new Lincoln cents.
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm also open to splitting it up into 2 or more albums.

Quote:
You could buy the Dansco 8104 which starts in 2010 with the design change. That's what I've got as of now for new Lincoln cents.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

For what it is worth, I have my 2010+ cents, 2006+ nickels, and 2008+ dimes in a separate album using blank pages. I did not want to replace binders to fit additional pages. I also like how the other albums are now complete and full.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1665 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2019  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. I did not want to replace binders to fit additional pages.

2x2 in sleeves in binders. I'm telling ya! It's the way to fly!
Edited by samsnate
01/16/2019 9:04 pm
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2019  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dansco has vinyl 2x2 pages and I have a few albums with them holding my miscellaneous and foreign coins.

However, the binders I mentioned (date-mint sets) are too full for even those. Even if they fit, I would never mix the vinyl pages with the regular ones in the same binder.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18749 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whitman has binder that hold many additional pages for Cents. And if you add blank pages and want to label the slots, they also have add on gold letters and number press on sheets. As an example they look like this:

There was nothing for plating so I had to use Clad.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05