Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Price Guide For Error Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  4:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add geraldbergeron to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I am a new member of this forum and I am on the learning curve...
I just love Canadian error coins...and I got some very nice (IMO) . lol
I would like to know if there is any canadian price guide for error coins...
Or a web site where I could find that kind of information .
Thank you
Gerald
Canada
45 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tlutz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins...arieties.php
Here's a good site that shows many of different errors. I am not an error coin expert by any means but I believe error collectors usually know error prices from years of collecting as well a good understanding of what is available and desirable. Following auction's will also give you a good idea of what a coin is valued at that time.
Edited by Tlutz
01/24/2019 5:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
699 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good luck with finding Canadian error pricing. often the price fluctuates based on who is willing to buy it and how much they are willing to spend. your best resource will be EBAY for the more common errors and coin auction sites for the rare and more expensive errors.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2265 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The problem with error coin pricing is that it is not a big market and that there are so many variables-for example, if it is a clip, there is a huge range of sizes-from the barely noticeable to the dramatic.
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add geraldbergeron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
H
That is not the answer that I would have liked... lol
But, your answers give me a starting point: the learning curve will be steep !!
Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1703 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2019  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The #1 factor in pricing is the "WOW" Factor, if you are talking clip, then the bigger the clip the bigger the dollars, or is it a double clip, worth double the money. if you are talking about small rotations unless its 45 degrees or more, you wont really see any action.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05