Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Buys The Most Slabs From NGC.?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  9:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am asking, Who does, In Your Opinion, is it that " buys the most slabs from NGC, in the World " I am told from a high school buddy that His company that employee's Him Buys the most slabs from NGC, IN THE WORLD, Anyone"s thoughts. I think He is mistaken with the facts, He works, or sells memberships to the company He works for.... I just feel, being around the Numismatic World for 50 + years, His statement is possibly incorrect....... Any One?
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who does he work for?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would rather not say, at this time.... Trust Me, a Very small company. Looking For actual opinions, Thank You......
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12373 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean buys or submits?

Submits will be something like Heritage, US coins, MCM, APMEX

Buys will likely be one of them or a behind the scene wholesaler.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  07:22 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would vote for MCM since they are just about 99% NGC slabs and they have a LOT of stuff available...and they can just about walk to NGC from their location
Pillar of the Community
United States
1175 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking MCM as well.
Learn More...
United States
21673 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  10:30 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know the very small company where your high school buddy works.
He claims they buy the most slabs from NGC.
Then you are asking us to name that company, in a way.
Am I misinterpreting this?
I am puzzled why you would think any of would actually know who buys the most.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12373 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would vote for MCM since they are just about 99% NGC slabs and they have a LOT of stuff available...and they can just about walk to NGC from their location

That's actually the reason why I am almost positive they aren't one of the largest buyers. They're certainly one of the largest submiters, but in terms of buying they probably aren't even in the top 10 as most if not the overwhelming majority of their inventory they submitted themselves.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's actually the reason why I am almost positive they aren't one of the largest buyers. They're certainly one of the largest submiters, but in terms of buying they probably aren't even in the top 10 as most if not the overwhelming majority of their inventory they submitted themselves.

Except NGC doesn't "sell" slabs. You have to SUBMIT coins to get them in slabs so I'm sticking with MCM
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am asking WHO buys the most slabs from NGC. I am NOT asking anyone to name "the company ". I believe My buddy is simply wrong. He works for a company that sells memberships THEN gets the same people slightly above spot, NGC slabbed coins. I do NOT think The company He works for comes close to doing the most business, He states they buy more slabs then anyone else. PS, The company is not named here and I am guessing, It will not be unless I state it........
Pillar of the Community
United States
941 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC essentially sells slabs that accompany their grading service. Need to be more clear with wording here - who buys the most NGC slabs? or who buys the most NGC-slabbed coins? The former goes to the biggest submitter to NGC.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am asking WHO buys the most slabs from NGC

Yup...and as stated no one "buys" slabs from NGC...

Edit: example: I can't place an order with NGC to buy 10 or 10,000 2018 Kennedy Light Finish RP70"s

They don't sell slabbed coins
Edited by Foxwoods Man
02/11/2019 4:32 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4720 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Misstated question....answer is "no one"

Who submits the most to NGC makes sense...

Who sells the most NGC slabs makes sense

Who buys the most slabs from NGC doesn't compute
Edited by Foxwoods Man
02/11/2019 5:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
941 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be cool if you could order just the slabs from NGC with labels directly, so you can encapsulate your coins in NGC holders from the comfort of home.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My question is EXACTLY as presented to Me. I wanted to see the answers. He must mean His company gives the most business to NGC? I appreciate the feedback. I know His company has NOW their own label on NGC'S slabs........( seems there are more EVERY day..)Thank You Fox
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05