Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who's Starting A USA Concave Coin Collection?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
57 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  9:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rayder to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Fell in love with the Apollo coin. So I bought a Baseball Hall of Fame while I wait for my 1 oz proof and uncirculated Apollos to come back from PCGS. Here it is. Share your pics!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2019  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverStackerKid's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverStackerKid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually plan on buying the Apollo coins and perhaps building a concave coin set. They are extremely pretty in my opinion. I got too many sets to complete before I get myself stuck in concave coins haha, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2571 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll wait until they issue a convex coin.
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You can glue two together.

I think Apollo will be the only concave coins I have. I do not see myself going back to get the Baseball coins, but I can see how many will be inspired to do so.

I also do not see Apollo as being he last of of the concave coins. I suspect anyone building a US concave set will indeed end up with a rather beefy set of coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3443 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  09:17 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Turn it around.

I bought the BHOF proof dollar when it was offered. I also bought a half dollar, but gave it as a gift to a someone who's a major baseball fan.
Edited by bzookaj
02/12/2019 1:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5381 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like I've already started a concave US coin subcollection. I've got the 2014 coins and the $5 2019 coin. The 5-oz 2019 is back-ordered.
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a couple junk box Morgans that qualify as concave.
Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centsei to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did not plan it, but it seems that I'm on the way. I got all the baseball ones, and most of the Moon ones. I would not have gotten them if they were ugly, but baseball and the quest for the Moon have been two of the things that interested me the most since childhood, so those were coins that I actually bought because of interest in the subject. I'm not much of a commemorative collector otherwise, although I thought the gold Liberty from a few years back was a very elegant coin. But back to your question, it would be interesting to try to think of coins that could be convex without it being a gimmick. I think I saw something about a basketball coin, which makes sense. Maybe the NASA theme could continue with a tribute to some of the flights to the planets, but the rings of Saturn could be a problem. But a coin with the surface of Mars on the convex side and the rover on the concave would be cool, likewise Jupiter on one side and Voyager on the other.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2019  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rayder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how about a shot from voyager 1 looking backwards at our solar system. I know they have one. on the reverse one of the shots of jupiter it took oh it's way out!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05