Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1878 Morgan VAM 34 7 Over 8 Tail Feathers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
673 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2008  12:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add InfiniteInterest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got this one a couple weeks ago, I like the 7 over 8 TF coins ! I guess I like them because it is so noticeable. A not to harshly cleaned coin I paid 20 bucks for, a good deal in my book

Thanks for looking !

Pillar of the Community
United States
3973 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2008  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW- with the price of silver today, how can you go wrong for $20.00

Nice Pick-up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2008  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
II, there should be a very noticeable die gouge from cotton boll leaf going towards the opening of the cap. Can't see it in your picture, may be picture is to small for these old eyes. If it's there, nice hot 50 coin! If not, you may want to check out Vam37.
Learn More...
United States
16270 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2008  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pickup!
Pillar of the Community
United States
673 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2008  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add InfiniteInterest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks MorganRmine, I have it marked VAM 37 in my 2x2. I cannot seem to remember all the diagnostics for each date in the top 100 or the Hot 50...Can't imagine why Some stick, I could spot a donkey tail for sure ! I got the 1900-O counterfeit down...only 148 more to memorize... and now the Hit List 40...188 to go...sheesh If this was not so much fun .....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2008  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What makes it even more exciting is when you see things like that. Is that a Far Date?
Edited by rockdude
08/16/2008 12:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1219 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2008  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorgansRmine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rockdude, draw a straight line from the neck V to the denticles and then a line from the left side of horizontal bar of 1 down to left side of vertical bar of 1 to denticles. This shows the 1 to be on the outer limit of normal. This coin is closer to being a near date than far. Far being on the right edge of the 3rd denticle from the neck V.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2008  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep I see that, Thanks
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.57 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05