Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 West Point Premium Penny

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 219 / Views: 20,667Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got around to opening my box of five sets....all five Lincoln W's are disgusting...all have multiple tarnish blotches. But it saved me some cash since I was gonna get them into slabs...these were a waste of money
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sucks FoxwoodsMan. I've heard many mention the same thing. I wonder what they are doing wrong at West Point.

Edit: I just read the last couple of pages of this thread. It's a shame they can't get such a unique product to come out of the mint without so many problems.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
03/18/2019 11:04 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fox, Sorry to see and hear this about the 2019 W Lincoln cents. I received a few sets that have blotches and the other's do not. I wish You well, Everything happens for a reason, No matter who's sandbox You play in.........The mint, In my opinion, has to come up with ways to sell more of their staple sets that apparently are NOT selling well,Hence the three 2019 " special cents "......... JMO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1763 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's a shame they can't get such a unique product to come out of the mint without so many problems.

They can but they don't make the effort because they're a monopoly, so there are no real consequences. Will anyone get demoted or lose their job? I doubt it. I wonder if it's even a topic of discussion at the CCAC meetings.

Given that there does not appear to be a limit on the number of -W proofs produced, I wonder if the quality will improve over time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bret, The quality control at the mint is and has been off, IMO, for a while. Usually, the West Point branch does other coins, and they look Great.... I wish the 2019 Lincoln Cent was the old style composition of metals, Not the melt in the hand garbage they have out now...... :(
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the problem with these -W proof cents in the striking or the packaging? I got the sense from following these threads that it's the little plastic bags/envelopes these coins are shipped in. If that's the case, it's not entirely the Mint's fault, although one could make the case that they should have chosen some other means of packaging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my two sets were the same--sent them back for a full refund--
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have returned them also but I am not at home and my mail gets marked as delivered and then forwarded to Florida...that usually adds at least a week to ten days before I see them...and....I delayed opening them on top of that
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may have to pay a premium to get a decent one I'm afraid. I'm surprised these didn't come in similar packaging to the 96w dime or the 1999 SBA dollars. That would have been more adequate I think.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4901 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't say it's a packaging issue...just crap quality coin put in a baggie...would have been the same quality in a lens...so un-proof like quality

Maybe they decided to give them away after they saw how they came out....

Definitely changed my mind on the next two...pass
Edited by Foxwoods Man
03/18/2019 5:12 pm
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe they decided to give them away after they saw how they came out....
I am beginning to think this might be the truth.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2019  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I myself don't think the packaging contributed to the flaws, but I think former mint set package would have been preferable over the baggie. Hopefully the mint has these flaws under control for the next two W cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4775 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coins arrived today. One was pretty decent so I kept it but I returned the other back to the seller for a refund. But I really hope the mint figures things out before the next 2 releases...
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cuzzx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought two sets and all is great. but I did get three envelops and three pennies. thanks mint.
a first for me.
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 219 / Views: 20,667Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: