Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Effigy Of Queen Elizabeth II On 2019 Coins

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 3,367Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  05:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm surprised to find that new Queen's effigy has not been used on any of the 2019 coins that I've seen so far?

It wasn't used on the 2019 $1 Discovery coins or the 2019 20c coin and then this week I received a 2019 Mr Squiggle in my change and again no new effigy?

According to the Royal Australian Mint 'Australians can expect to start seeing the new effigy on 2019-dated coins'.
https://www.ramint.gov.au/publicati...ralias-coins
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17623 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The new effigy has been used on 2019 NCLT Dollar coins associated with Mr. Squiggle.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strange that they would have the new effigy on Collector coins before Circulating coins, if this is the case?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
879 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2019  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm seem like 2019 might be an interesting year to collect the run of the mill circulating coins. :D
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17623 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2019 20 Cents standard coins have been seen in circulation, bearing the older style effigy.

I am expecting that all other non commemorative denominations will also carry the older style effigy.
I suspect that the reason for this is
that the decision to change over the the newer effigy was made after the production of 2019 standard issue non commemorative coins coins had already begun.

I am expecting that
we we will see the new effigy for standard issue non commemorative coins will first appear on such coins bearing the 2020 date.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17623 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correction to my post of 22nd February:

The new effigy on the Mr Squiggle NCLT One Dollar coins is a bust, and
not a head, as the British new style effigy, as seen on the non commemorative standard issued into circulation coins.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
879 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh really I did not notice that, hmm maybe ill get another set from wollies, is that the one that your talking about?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The new effigy has been used on 2019 NCLT Dollar coins associated with Mr. Squiggle.

Quote:

not a head, as the British new style effigy, as seen on the non commemorative standard issued into circulation coins.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say correction to your previous post?
Isn't the new effigy depicted on the $1 Mr Squiggle coin going to be the same effigy to be eventually used on all Australian coinage?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17623 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that the new effigy by Jody Clark (as seen on British coins from 2018 and later), for non NCLT Australian coins will not appear until 2020.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2019  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think for circulating coins the official release of the new portrait will be in April some time (I don't remember specifically).
Probably there will be both old and new portrait circulating coins for 2019.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I believe that the new effigy by Jody Clark (as seen on British coins from 2018 and later), for non NCLT Australian coins will not appear until 2020.

I'm still confused ... isn't the new effigy for all Australian coins going to be depicted as a bust and not the conventional head?

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17623 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The effigy shown above is the one that is used on the NCLT One Dollar coins in the Mr Squiggle mint sets.

The colored Two Dollar coins in the Mr Squiggle mint sets have the old effigy, designed by Ian Rank - Broadley.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly, I have already seen 2019 dated 20 Cent coins in circulation, with the old effigy designed by Ian Rank Broadley.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The effigy shown above is the one that is used on the NCLT One Dollar coins in the Mr Squiggle mint sets.

Sorry to be a pain, but I still don't understand the reason to your 'Correction to my Post of February 22'.
Isn't this bust going to be the new effigy for our circulating coins?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
879 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As one can see this is still old picture.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain, but I still don't understand the reason to your 'Correction to my Post of February 22'.
Isn't this bust going to be the new effigy for our circulating coins?

I think sel was saying that the new portrait is head and shoulders unlike the British version which is just the head.

Anyway, the press release (https://www.ramint.gov.au/publicati...ns-portrait) says the new portrait will be phased in this year and I'm told that on Facebook (on the RAM page possibly?) someone said both portraits would be used for 2019 circulating coins.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
805 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2019  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think sel was saying that the new portrait is head and shoulders unlike the British version which is just the head.

Ok, got it now thanks ...finally ... ha,ha!
Edited by coaster
02/23/2019 8:05 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 3,367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05