Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do People Seriously Collect Kennedy Half Dollars?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Take it easy there jbuck... in a few weeks I'm planning to give that same bank branch a pile of Ike's.

As for halves, the bank teller lady stated that they never order halves. They usually wait for somebody like to me drop off a pile where they'll sit in the vault until somebody comes in and specifically requests halves.
Learn More...
United States
72310 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2019  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Take it easy there jbuck... in a few weeks I'm planning to give that same bank branch a pile of Ike's.
Whoa!
Pillar of the Community
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2019  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add janknez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I met a guy at a coin show who collects 1964 Kennedy half dollars. Not any other half dollars. Not Kennedy halves from other years. Not any other 1964 coins. Just 1964 Kennedy halves.

A collection with a rather narrow scope, don't you think?

Learn More...
United States
72310 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bill069 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If he only collects 1964 Kennedy half dollars.

Well, his set is complete!
Edited by bill069
03/25/2019 11:07 am
Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add everything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it was the first DANSCO album I filled up, I remember procuring the 1970 special from a coin dealer to fill it. I was into searching found many circulated Kennedy proofs and ended up putting all those into the album instead.

I prefer the Walkers for their silver although 64 Kennedy's are the way to go as they are not worn like most Walkers are.

Edited by everything
03/25/2019 6:00 pm
Italy
4 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morganbest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 11 coins known 1964 SMS all have a satin effect

Pillar of the Community
United States
601 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2019  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really dig the Kennedy series...Silver, clad and some fun varieties. One of my favorite sets I own is the 2014 50th.

Also really easy to stack silver with them. 90%....40%....I'll buy those all day long! :)
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2019  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Kennedy's and Franklins. I have the unc and proofs in some CAPS albums, all the special issues (usually still in their original sets), all the MS in cello, but I don't have very many error varieties. Don't really like error varieties. I have the recent Dan Carr Apollo 11 overstrikes but I wish I had the earlier ones, like the 1975. So I didn't go all out, because I only have a handful of slabbed coins but I am definitely in the game. Always buy junk silver Kennedy's and Franklin's as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
852 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2019  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the Kennedy half dollars. I always ask for half dollars when I go to the bank, but I don't roll search specifically. I love to spend them everywhere so I can to see people's reactions. I purchased the Dansco 7166 (P and D only) years ago. It is now up to 6 pages and is full up to 2018 (so far). It is easily the heaviest album that I have, and I love it. I doubt a 7th page would fit in this album, but I have a few years to go before it comes to that...
Valued Member
United States
334 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2019  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm down with silver kennedys. love 'em.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildJoyAgain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone!
I joined this community a year back but have not been on in quite a spell. It's just as I remember though, full of solid information and not a small number of helpful and gracious people!

Returning to coin collecting since my days as a kid, the past couple of years have been exceedingly fun and quite the treasure hunt.

My area of current interest are the Proof coins from 1950-1970. I just love them!

I wanted to share with the community my latest find and acquisition. I just got my hands on the very finest 1967 Kennedy half NGC MS 69 Ultra Cameo (SMS). It is a population of 1 and it's more stunning than I could have ever imagined a non-proof Kennedy to be.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions. I'd love to hear your comments.
Edited by ChildJoyAgain
06/10/2019 5:58 pm
Learn More...
United States
72310 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wanted to share with the community my latest find and acquisition. I just got my hands on the very finest 1967 Kennedy half NGC MS 69 Ultra Cameo (SMS). It is a population of 1 and it's more stunning than I could have ever imagined a non-proof Kennedy to be...
http://goccf.com/t/349005
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05