Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 D DDO Quarter Uc

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  7:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this coin in a US Treasury envelope 1963 UC set.
Thoughts? Value? I am new to coins but am very excited. I know what a DD looks like!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36717 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I see MD on the reverse. But a closer view of the motto would be helpful. Here is a SBS to compare with. The upper one is normal, the lower one is a DDO.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
03/13/2019 8:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the pictures. Maybe not...but here is a closer pic of the motto. And a closer pic of mint mark.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36717 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mintmark was pushed by Machine Doubling. Not a RPM.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about the motto?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36717 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note on the bottom image on the motto devices, that is the hub doubling. I'm not seeing it on your coin. Check again on that area. To me DDO looks minor, but there maybe no bigger ones that year? Just check, there are a lot stronger ones that year:
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...s%201963.htm
The attributed die that I posted, looks incorrect. Not FS-101. Looks more like DDO-009. Another wrong number from PCGS.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. What do you think about this one? It's a 1963 P. The R looks like a mirror image. This is hard!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36717 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like DDO-001 on that one:
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...3PDDO001.htm
See if this looks like a match to you?
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is hard to tell on the other letters. What is stage A, Stage B photos etc..
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went back to website and figured out what the photo letters meant. Thank you so much for your time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36717 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stage 'A' is usually the fresher die state that struck the coin. Other events what happen to the die is the different letters as the die ages. Sometimes it tell what the die state is, other times if mentions if a die marriage was changed or not, chips, clashes and other die events.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bailey500 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Verdict: I went to see the local coin dealer. Out of the 4 1963 coins, 1 was a DDO. The second picture. The first he said was Machine Doubling. The other two, I no errors. Suggested sending the first off to be graded . He thinks it's a MS63. The others he also felt were MS63s. Thanks again.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05