Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1934 & 1950 $100 Bills

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add samandglove1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am attending my first coin show this weekend in Mass. I was thinking about bringing these two hundreds with me and see if anyone was interested in them. I'm not planning on collecting paper, so I don't really need them. Is it worth bringing them with me? I don't think they much of a premium, but I'm not sure. Pictures are not that great. Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2576 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bottom has a little premium, the top note doesn't have much going for it at all.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33469 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That pretty well sums it up.

to the Paper Money Forum!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
26384 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. $150 in very fine condition on the 1934.
$125 in extra fine on the 1950D. These are ARP. Sell them for as much as you can get and then buy what you want You can also try to trade them with dealers.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
68397 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sell them for as much as you can get and then buy what you want You can also try to trade them with dealers.

to the Community!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samandglove1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably bring them with me and trade them away.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33469 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Catalog values aside, remember that few people collect the more common hundred dollar bills in a well used state.
Edited by Coinfrog
03/14/2019 5:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2753 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2019  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would doubt you will get much more than face. But good luck with them, there is probably not much upside holding on to them.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samandglove1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually did better than I thought I would. Fun show this morning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1806 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love a happy ending.

Edited by SteveInTampa
03/15/2019 2:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2753 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve, I suggest you start a new thread rather than hijack this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1806 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, and have voluntarily put myself in timeout.

No worries, I edited my post Jimbo.
Edited by SteveInTampa
03/15/2019 5:07 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
33469 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2019  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wha?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05