Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fake Proof 2019 W ASE

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,503Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2019  7:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Somewhere recently I saw a thread about youtube videos on coins. I am facebook friends with a coin shop somewhere out east ( don't remember where at the moment), that does youtube videos on different coin topics and showing side by side comparisons with real coins and fake coins. Today he posted a video about a Fake 2019 W Proof ASE somebody had brought in to his shop. It was magnetic and weighed less than an ounce. Apparently his customer found it on Ebay for something like 5 bucks.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
1437 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  03:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was witness to a similar experience earlier this week. I was at my LCS and a customer brought in what he thought were silver eagles. They weren't. The dealer convinced him to get his money back from whoever he bought from.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a hard time being sympathetic when people are online with price histories seconds away and take chances on things extremely under-priced for what should be their value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5393 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There's a sucker born every minute.

That saying has been around since the 1800s, and is as true today as it was then.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20681 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is amazing how many people take so many risks today with all the fakes being circulated everywhere.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
3127 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2019  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fake coins also have a value These days too. Maybe not legal here in America, but while other countries allow them being made, but object to them leaving their original country, America loves ALL fake coins, I use to run a LCS and people bring in the strangest, oddities all the time.... Some have values that will open the eyes of any seasoned collector too.......... All, Just My Opinions
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i watched that video thursday evening.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11477 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2019  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone have a link to it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
914 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think this is the one. I tried to type it into my last reply, but it was denied.

QYI8cprAO7s

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11477 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2019  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,503Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: