Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Tried Using A Cannon Powershot Elph 190 Is For Coin Images ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 626Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2050 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  7:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My Sister in Law gave me a Cannon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS and curious if anyone has tried using one for coin images. Don't want to go through the trouble of setting something up if it will not work. Thank you in advance for your help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3251 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's hard to tell from the specs and reviews. It has a macro mode, so might do OK. Best thing to do is try it and report back. I'd put it on its highest zoom level, and then get as close as you can to the coin, and let's see how much of the sensor it can fill. Start with the smallest coin you plan to shoot, probably a Dime or Cent, and just shoot it!
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Edited by rmpsrpms
03/30/2019 10:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3484 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used an older version of a Canon Powershot IS and the macro mode worked well for my purposes, it just eventually broke or I would still be using it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2050 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will try this weekend and see what I end up with. I'll let ya know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2050 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it just eventually broke or I would still be using it

Will definitely try it. Thank you for the replies.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8781 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2019  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is what I use, mine is blue. I will admit, I took terrible pictures at first but I am starting to see that after more than several thousand pictures, I did get better at it.
I think that is the lesson learned for me. No matter what camera, practicing will improve your pictures over time.
Here's a couple I just took in the past couple days. It is only reduced in size and cropped. No sharpening or other tweaks. A table lamp was to the left.
I think . . .
If I had a much better camera, it would still take practice to get good.

My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 626Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05