Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1885 Newfoundland 20 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,114Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  6:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mtracy14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I appreciate any and all grade estimates.
The plan is to sell this on Ebay at a fair price in order to support my new found large cent Vicky habit.

Edited by mtracy14
04/15/2019 7:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3003 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  05:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a heavily cleaned F-12, worth about $20 US.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1463 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May be a Vf 20 I don't see any evidence of cleaning with the pictures provided but very well could be
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3003 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only place that there is any dirt and/or tarnish is in the nooks and crannies. It has been heavily cleaned/polished. It is silver and would ordinarily be black with tarnish after 130 years.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48878 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12 or 15, very possibly cleaned, difficult to tell from these sort of washed-out pics.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
504 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F15 and 100% cleaned. I'd put it up for sale for $35 Canadian.

Just checked EBay and see it's now listed for $33 Canadian with $20 shipping. What are you shipping it in that costs $20? And then there will be approx $10 import charges. It will be for sale for a long time.
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtracy14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I posted it, the postage amount was automatic. I simply copied off of another existing post belonging to someone else's 1885. I was unaware it was set up to be so expensive if shipped to Canada. I appreciate the heads up "Thedeductible." I will try to rectify.
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtracy14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did check. The amount to ship is $14.66 U.S. if shipped to Canada. If I punch in a U.S. zip code, it would cost under $4.00 U.S. If Canada earns an additional $10.00 on import charges, as well as the huge mark up in postage they should be out of debt in no time. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about those added expenses. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. This is just a light hobby.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1463 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it costs upwards of 20$ to ship with any sort or trackable parcel
Pillar of the Community
Canada
504 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No prob at all. I sell the odd thing on EBay.ca and it allows me to set the shipping price myself. I never use tracking.
I have bought from US sellers many times. Sometimes there is an Import charge, sometimes not. I think it's all in how you set up the listing. Just like a ome sellers charge tax and some don't.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10726 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The trick is, don't buy anything in the U.S. with that outrageous import price.
Sell it to a Canadian collector and just wrap it good in an envelope and it'll only cost you 3 4 bucks shipping.

Put it on eBay Canada and watch it go quick.
True North
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,114Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05