Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1885 Newfoundland 20 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2019  6:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mtracy14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I appreciate any and all grade estimates.
The plan is to sell this on Ebay at a fair price in order to support my new found large cent Vicky habit.

Edited by mtracy14
04/15/2019 7:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2402 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  05:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a heavily cleaned F-12, worth about $20 US.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1249 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May be a Vf 20 I don't see any evidence of cleaning with the pictures provided but very well could be
Pillar of the Community
United States
2402 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only place that there is any dirt and/or tarnish is in the nooks and crannies. It has been heavily cleaned/polished. It is silver and would ordinarily be black with tarnish after 130 years.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36406 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12 or 15, very possibly cleaned, difficult to tell from these sort of washed-out pics.
Valued Member
Canada
326 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F15 and 100% cleaned. I'd put it up for sale for $35 Canadian.

Just checked EBay and see it's now listed for $33 Canadian with $20 shipping. What are you shipping it in that costs $20? And then there will be approx $10 import charges. It will be for sale for a long time.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtracy14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I posted it, the postage amount was automatic. I simply copied off of another existing post belonging to someone else's 1885. I was unaware it was set up to be so expensive if shipped to Canada. I appreciate the heads up "Thedeductible." I will try to rectify.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtracy14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did check. The amount to ship is $14.66 U.S. if shipped to Canada. If I punch in a U.S. zip code, it would cost under $4.00 U.S. If Canada earns an additional $10.00 on import charges, as well as the huge mark up in postage they should be out of debt in no time. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about those added expenses. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. This is just a light hobby.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1249 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it costs upwards of 20$ to ship with any sort or trackable parcel
Valued Member
Canada
326 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No prob at all. I sell the odd thing on EBay.ca and it allows me to set the shipping price myself. I never use tracking.
I have bought from US sellers many times. Sometimes there is an Import charge, sometimes not. I think it's all in how you set up the listing. Just like a ome sellers charge tax and some don't.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10559 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The trick is, don't buy anything in the U.S. with that outrageous import price.
Sell it to a Canadian collector and just wrap it good in an envelope and it'll only cost you 3 4 bucks shipping.

Put it on eBay Canada and watch it go quick.
True North
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05