Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Florida Man Steals $33,000 In Rare Coins, Uses Them In Change Machines

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1503 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2019  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Biedercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also on the drug charges...

Ahh... now it's starting to make sense!
- About two score and seven+ years ago, I began a Lincoln cent collection. I have all, most in AU or better & am upgrading to MS as possible.
- I collect all coins minted 1809, 1859, 1909, 1959, and 2009. Lincoln and C.Darwin were both born in 1809. The latter published his "On the Origin of Species.." in 1859, the Lincoln cent debuted in 1909, and after that it just seemed like a good way to show the evolution of US coinage. Most non-nums to whom I've shown these react with the phrase, "I had no idea!" That alone shows their worth.
- I've completed MS sets of Jeffersons & MS specimens of other 5 nickels; Franklins done. Roosies mostly done. I enjoy hunting for WLH and "winged liberty" dimes.
-- If I left my early Washington quarter book at one of y'alls house, please ring me up.
ANA Lifer #: 6565
Pillar of the Community
United States
1794 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2019  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nick , he would have to be worse than moron to put a Gold coin into a coin star machine .

I'm guessing those were the coins he pawned, the rest went into CoinStar.

Quote:
Investigators said Mele sold some of the coins to a pawn shop for $4,000, then exchanged the majority of them through CoinStar change machines at grocery stores
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add James Hicks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimbucks and @atticguy: a presidential gold colored coins worth a few hundred, is the godless dollar coin. They are more modern dollar coins, with the presidential face on it, but does not have the inscription around the edge saying in god we trust. This will, on an ordinary coin, be etched into the rim.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15733 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best known "godless" dollar is the Washington, and you can get those for around $25.00
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3284 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2019  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On August 8th he pled guilty to 5 of the 10 drug charges. He was sentenced to 5 years on the two most serious charges (POSSESSION OF OXYCODONE and POSSESSION OF ALPRAZALAM (XANAX)), with credit for 121 days in jail awaiting trial.

He also pled guilty to 812.014(12B) GRAND THEFT OVER $20,000 LESS THAN $100,000 and was sentenced to 5 years in jail (concurrent with the above) and 10 years probation.

So much for $350K...

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05