Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help Me Identify Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  12:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fun2pawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
coin 1

coin 2

coin 3

coin 4

coin 5

Edited by fun2pawn
04/24/2019 12:35 pm
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fun2pawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coin 6

coin 7

coin 8

coin 9

coin 10

Edited by fun2pawn
04/24/2019 12:36 pm
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fun2pawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coin 11

coin 12

coin 13

coin 14

coin 15

coin 16

coin 17

coin 18

coin 19

coin 20

Learn More...
United States
22480 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please post only one of two coins per thread. There is a sticky section here titled Books, downloads and websites there you will find information on how to identify your coins. The first coin appears to be a Byzantine 1/2 follis of Justinian I.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12433 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@f2p, I agree that posting 20 coins in a single thread is kinda hard for us to process. I think that I see Byzantine, Roman, and Judean coins. Number 12 even looks something like Russian wire money, but I haven't seen this in copper. When you re-post, can you also please include diameters and weights? Thx.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please post only one of two coins per thread.

#6 = Tarsos, Cilicia, Tyche obverse, Sandan with pyramidal monument reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the one with the double ax (labrys) you just barely make out "TE" above and "PH" to lower left. These would be parts of ΘΥΑΤΕΙΡΗΝΩΝ (Thyateira, Lydia - 2nd century BC, Apollo obverse).
Pillar of the Community
United States
4333 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also see one that looks like the upside-down reverse of a Pontos issue, with a quiver between the split letters of AMI-ΣOY (Amisos).

Edit: that's coin 11 I'm referring to, above.
Edited by Bob L
04/24/2019 11:10 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.99 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05