Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 W Quarter For Grading ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1016 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  6:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like to know if you all think this is worth sending to get graded

Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19925 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say no, my eyes went straight to those reed marks on George's forehead.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4532 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Bobby too many hits MS63
Pillar of the Community
United States
4081 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
631 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JMHO, but I wouldn't slab any West Point quarter. It just isn't (and won't be) worth it.

Despite the circulation-release-only gimmick and contrived scarcity, this is still a coin with 2 million mintage. Like the 1950-D Jefferson nickels and the 1948, 1953 and 1955 Franklin half dollars, it is a relatively low mintage. Like those four coins, everyone knows it, and they are being Hoovered out of circulation. The 1950-D Jefferson Greysheets for under $20 in MS 65 and below. The three low mintage Franklins are readily available around $30 in MS 64 and bellow.

I think these quarters will eventually settle in the $5 to $10 range for grades MS 66 and below.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36546 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-62, a spender.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1016 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
MS-62, a spender.

Sorry frog I'm not spending a West Point mint mark. It's a keeper
Pillar of the Community
United States
1844 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep it but not send it in for slabbing...continue to look for more..I don't believe the W's are worth slabbing.

KK
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  03:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mmansell45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The head looks like the teeth from pliers. Not a send in.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19925 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's from reeds of another coin.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2019  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one will grade poorly. I don't think grading a really great one is a waste of money though, people grade really nice new year coins every year and the high grades sell above the grading fees.

Hang on to it and keep looking. Others will be slabbing their finds and putting them on ebay give it time and you will get a decent graded example at a decent price and let someone else foot the bill on the gamble.

If it looks perfect without magnification and near perfect with magnification, it might be worth the shot at sending it in for grading for a MS68 or better. Barring that, I think there will be plenty of 63 64 65 and 66 graded by other people to buy at reasonable prices.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16822 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-62
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering there's just over 5000 that PCGS graded already of lowell W, .25% of all lowells, it's early to tell, but nothing has graded over a MS67 so far, so MS67 is top pop with 13 examples. I doubt MS66 will settle at $8-$10 dollars unless all of a sudden, hundreds of MS67s pop up and MS68s and MS69s appear, which isn't likely either considering these won't be coming from mint sets, and there's just 2 million of each design being made, not 230 million.

Absolutely Raw coins will I think be in the $8-10 category, and under MS65 likely won't be worth the grading fees in the end, but MS66 and MS67 will absolutely have a premium and worth grading.

They are selling for 200-300 right now on ebay, and I don't expect that to drop much. The MS67's are selling for $1000- $2500 from any of the major grading companies. will it come down some? Yeah probably, but not all the way down to $10. Maybe $150 or so for a MS66.

If you keep looking you will find a cleaner example that might be worth grading it, ideally MS66 or better I think, that one will grade low.

Hard for me to gauge what NGC and ANACS are doing with the grading though, that info isn't so easy for me to find like PCGS. MS64 and MS65 seem like the very common grade, if it stays it's course I think Ideally below that won't be worth grading, but above MS65 could make you some money and be worth it, vs. a raw coin.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05