Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1000 Bill Buy Or Don't Buy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need help should I buy this or wait and save for a better one and what's a good price for something like this

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
3347 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having once completed a complete district set of these, the 1934 New York District is relatively common. This one looks like a VF-XF grade with nothing particularly special about it. Value probably around $1,400 or so in today's market. Hope that helps.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38014 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree. Rounded corners, very average looking.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep it helps thanks for the info he offered to for 1820 instead of 1875 wich is not to much of a difference but I think some more about it
Pillar of the Community
United States
3347 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. That's too much. Look for a 1928 note which are much scarcer and do not command much more money. Districts to look for are E, F, I, J, K, L. (I and K are extra scarce but not "rare"). Again scarcer but not commanding much of a premium. Don't just buy the first thing you see, especially this note. That note is not worth more than $1,400 in my opinion. The prices on these has really come down, and there is no reason to go after a relatively common one.
Edited by jimbucks
05/13/2019 9:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the help Jim bucks & coinfrog will skip on even though I want one#128557; need to slow down on buying stuff at least till Baltimore or Chicago show #129315;
Pillar of the Community
United States
3347 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can help your with these....before you pull the trigger let me know, and I will give you my honest, informed, opinion.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
38014 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2019  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can help as well. You can do much better than this.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank aprichiat all the help
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2222 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if I had $900 to spare I would buy it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2137 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone here subscribe to Track and Price ? It's always good to know if there's any history of past sales on this note. There are a ton of high denomination notes available ($500 &$1000) so take your time, do your homework and try to find an attractive example for your collection.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2137 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The note posted by the OP appears to be washed. The blacks don't seem dark enough for an original note regardless of the condition. One for comparison.

Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bill Steve yep that one looks much more stunning
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinfun31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I find something at Baltimore or Chicago
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05