Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Map Of Where 2019 W Quarters Are Being Found

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  12:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hidalgo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is there an internet site whic shows a map where collectors are finding the 2019 W quarters? I would be most interested in seeing where these quarters are being found and if they have been equally distributed.

To date, I have yet to find one -- in bank rolls or in circulation.

Thanks in advance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
689 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many banks / boxes have you gone through?
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't found a map of where they are being found, checking locations on Ebay listings would be a good starting point if you are looking for something like that and build your own.
I just want to know if they are around me, so I check Ebay by "2019 W quarter" in the search term the sort by nearest first. Closest to me is 60 miles, 2nd closest is 110 miles frm my zip code listed.

This article in Coin World lists the distribution points or "drop cities" for April, but I haven't found anything more current than that.
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...ion.all.html

Then there's the release dates from the Mint website.
https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-a...ful-quarters

So far I have found one box of American Memorial Parks with 15 AMP W quarters inside from a local bank, my 2nd "get" from that bank was a sealed box of circulated, no W's newest coin in there was Lowell though so it was close. I placed another order for next week.
I'll continue until the end of the year each week a box from this place as long as they let me do it.
My theory is the armored carriers have a large supply and are sitting on the newest boxes in my area using the circulated re-rolls first and it's just a roll of the dice which ones I get.
My Drop city is Miami and it serves also Ft. Lauderdale and everywhere between, it's a lot of people between the two cites and possibly they also service West Palm Beach. I can't really imagine Orlando is doing WPB it seems too far. South FLorida has about 7 million people over the region of the state.
Kind of have to do some research and make an educated guess at what's going on in your area/ how far you are from a drop city/ how much is on ebay near by, and helps to go with banks near commercial areas vs. residential, residential areas tend to get more coins returned than commercial areas, and commercial areas tend to order more coin more frequently.

Anyways, just sharing what I know, think, and what I'm doing to find them, I hope it helps you out on your search.
Valued Member
United States
481 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to one of the "drop cities" nearest me (about a 40 minute drive) visited 8 banks which included BofA,Chase and Wells Fargo, none had the 2019 end rolls,However 1 branch (W.F.) had the 2018 Voyageurs rolls and from the link above they were released 6/11/18..so I find that to mean it may take up to 8 to 9 months for the newer coins to become available in some areas...Hate to say it,but its a flip of a coin as to when the suppliers will roll and distribute. On the plus side,I picked up 10 rolls of 2018 and found many beautiful examples..
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
California didn't get an April First shipment, only the end of April. I got a April 1st shipment and an end of April shipment and I have so far just found them once searching since April 1st just last week.

In your case, I think you were just early. but you chances would get better if you could order a box or a half a box from your bank or whatever you can do, to use up their supply so they will have to order new rolls in which is going to be the only way the banks have a shot of getting them, by needing to place an order for quarters from the armored carrier. Try a commercial area banks. where they would go through a lot of quarters and change like near a lot of fast food restaurants or near supermarkets, instead of residential also.

The banks need to use up what's on hand in order to order more, and can't be taking in a lot of customer returns each week either. just something to think about on the plan.
Pillar of the Community
576 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So they are intentionally making it so some cities have a chance of getting the $5,000 reward when it was being offered while other cities had no chance.

Pathetic.

Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try Target. They seem to get new coinage every few days. It's how I've gotten my date sets for several years now. Early in the year, I might add.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11866 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So they are intentionally making it so some cities have a chance of getting the $5,000 reward when it was being offered while other cities had no chance.

Pathetic.

The US doesn't care about a reward PCGS offered as a cool thing for collectors. They aren't going to change the distribution of US money to try and make it fair for people, they're entirely different things
Pillar of the Community
United States
1657 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope some ride the rail to NYC.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4480 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think N. Mich. will see any.
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you all have opportunity to see them as they finally distribute and circulate. Like I said I been searching pretty hard core in an area that had two drops in April and just found 1 box last week and there's nothing within an hour and a half drive from me on ebay. They should be everywhere around me but they arent. I think smaller areas with drops distributed immediately and larger cities or service areas are sitting on them in the vaults going through older stock first. FIFO.

Just be patient and keep looking and they will turn up they distributed really well and are mixing it up pretty well also using the armored carriers. Most of us wouldn't have a shot if they only dropped them to the fed banks for instance.

I don't think that its because they aren't there, I think most of it is the armored carrier haven't gotten to that stock material yet and they don't really care when they do get to it.

But they will get to it.don't get discouraged it takes time and patience is all it is.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
05/15/2019 11:27 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10637 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm , I think your going to need a treasure map to find 2019 W Quarters .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
1657 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us all join the hunt!

Kk
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05