Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20$ 1935 Bank Of Canada French Version VF20 PMG

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
109 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2019  3:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy this banknote, but I want your opinion on the grading as in this serie, price change a lot from even 5 points. I think the grade given on the note is quite good but I want some other eyes on it!

Thank you!
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
anyone :D ?!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
676 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a fan of this one at VF20 probably closer to F15 in my opinion.
I guess it depends on the price but I've seen better looking VF20.

Cheers, Bill
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find the images posted impossible to discern what condition the note is in (so I cannot make a fair comment). I think that's why you're getting so little feedback. "Hounddog" is probably turned off by the large edge knicks/(stains? soiling?) on the top border (right border). The design looks fairly intact from I can see. French 1935 Twenties are a tough one to find in any condition.
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.cdncoin.com/product-p/bc1020007723.htm

Direct link to the banknote in high resolution
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it appears to be a fair VF20 to me. The design is intact & back shows nice colour.
It has issues (soiling/edge nicks) that aren't noted on the back of the TPG holder (which would typically be listed today on PMG & on a BCS holder).
Valued Member
Canada
109 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
im considering buying it, as the 20$ french 1935 are reallly rare.... and so beautiful
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05