Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flying Eagle & Indian Cent Proof Thread

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  3:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These are the flying eagle and IHC proofs I've shown on this site previously in a single thread for those who missed them the first time around and for those who just wanted to see them in a row. I do have more IHC proofs to get to one day. But these already have photos for them. This allowed me to easily see which ones I have to look out for to add later. Here the IHP proofs 1879 through 1909 minus 1896 and 1901. I'm getting to those slowly but surely Enjoy! Plus my Flying Eagle proof.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/18/2019 12:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2507 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HOLEY MOLEY
Pillar of the Community
United States
7528 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 1858 fec is killer !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some really nice IHCs. Thanks for sharing them.
Learn More...
United States
76296 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good, but two things:

1) There is no reason to upload the images again for a new post! You can reuse any of your uploaded images again and again...

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/myfilesall.asp

2) Try to break up your image posts into multiple replies. Usually two or three per reply is good. It helps with page load times and scrolling.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1220 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AcesKings to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection Doc!! I think I like the first '81 the most. Of course, that opinion might change if I seen them all in hand.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive, to say the least.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5158 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thanks to you Doc I've bookmarked this thread b/c it's so awesome! I'm starting a fund for my first IHC proof toner, $75 down, much more to go!
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do Jbuck. I wish I knew that ahead of time. I can break them up now in next 24 hours if need be into different posts along the thread if it helps. I will most likely just add my proofs to this thread as I come across them with a camera. Best to keep them all in one place. I have 7 or 8 1882s and I only posted one lol. 52Raymo, the 1858 doesn't show it in the photo but it gives off a light pinkish/orange tone. It's very nice. It came from a Texas estate. The first 1881 proof is quite stunning and I see now I forgot the revers. I need to get close ups on that one, AcesKings. I have to head out to my poker game now.....see if I can win me a proof fund tonight!
Pillar of the Community
United States
847 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for showing! Some pretties in there! I'll have to spend more time looking at which I like in particular as I quickly scrolled through. Looking forward to seeing more as you get them.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40423 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doc - You pretty much own this thread, so handle it anyway you want!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1529 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
..I'm happily depressed now,can I have the 91..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1663 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2019  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an amazing set. Fun to see the pattern also.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18435 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So many great looking coins. To bad so many poor photos of them.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4178 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2019  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somewhere way back when(?) I decided I wasn't going to collect proof, mostly because it would save me money.
Think about it.
I wouldn't have to buy an 1895 Morgan.
Nor an 1856 FE.

Oops, then I found out that there WERE 1856 FE's that were considered business strikes.
To complete my FE/IHC set I was going to have to get an 1856.
So I did; got an 1856 S-3.

Oh, and I don't have any of the error IHC's.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2019  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice kanga. Greasy Fingers I'm working on building a proof set for PCGS for 1881, 1891, 1892, and 1905. I have 3 pieces for both 1891 and 1892..and 1881.the Morgans will be last and years down the road...so I have to hang onto the 1891....There's a new 1891 on Ebay right now. I'm going to let it go although it would be an upgrade.....GrapeCollects, I can't wait to see it.....I hope it has color, but not a deal breaker if it doesn't. Please post it here as well when you do. What I don't like about having a big mix of PCGS and NGC and raw is that I can only register all as inventory on the PCGS site, but only PCGS slabbed ones count towards the set. I know they're trying to push their product but I feel they should give ungraded credit for the raw ones at least if it's readily apparent that it's a proof. It would go a long way in deciding which way I would go towards the holder.....But, here I can show them all. I have 61 IHC proofs....but I think my records may be missing a couple....but for now it's 61 IHC proofs and I have shown 45 of them by this thread count.....and I'll add them here when I get around to it.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/18/2019 12:50 pm
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05