Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old US Mint Product Codes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9703 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  11:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone shed light on what the U.S. Mint product code is/was for the 2008 America the Beautiful Greetings from America Portfolio? I finally picked one up from ebay last week to complete my set. It's not critical of course but in my tracking spreadsheet I like to record the product code along with all the other data I track.

Additionally, looking for the following product codes:

1994 Thomas Jefferson Coin & Currency
1997 Botanic Gardens Coin & Currency
2005 John Marshall Coin & Chronicles
2008 America the Beautiful Greetings from America Portfolio
2009 Abraham Lincoln Coin & Chronicles
2011 American Gold Eagle Proof 1/10th oz.
2012 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set
2013 American Gold Eagle Proof 1/10th oz.

Thanks for any help!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4650 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  06:32 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This might help for a couple...saved it but can't remember the source:

Quote:
The question of US Mint product codes have come up a couple of times, and with the publication of the 2018 schedule I think it can be confirmed that they follow a pattern. In 2016 the Mint standardized their Item (or Product) Numbers. (Prior to 2016 they seemingly put together a random letter or two followed by a sequence number, making it extremely difficult to backtrack a mint product from a product number.)

Mint Product Numbers are generally four or five characters, and take the form of:

YYTU
where:

YY is the year.

T is the type. Types:

A: ATB Quarters
C: Commemoratives
E: Precious Medals (includes all Eagle products and the Buffalo.)
K: Kennedy halves
N: Native American dollars
P: Presibucks (when they were produced.)
R: Regular (Maybe Repeating, since it's used for annual Mint products.)
X: Special Mint Product (See below.)

U is a letter that uniquely identifies the product. An exception exists for some ATB Quarter products, where U is "B" for bags, or "R" for rolls.

V is only used if the product is an ATB bag or roll, and is a letter that uniquely identifies a product. (Examples below.)

Special Mint Products:

Special Mint Products are US Mint products that don't involve congressional mandates. Examples are the centennial gold coins, The American Liberty products and the 2017 EU set. All are/were single year issues.

That probably means the 2018 1/10ozt gold American Liberty (18XF) and the 2018 San Francisco Mint Silver Reverse Proof Set (18XC) WILL ALSO BE SINGLE YEAR ISSUES. (Did I yell that loud enough? BTW, The SFMSRP set is to commemorate 50 years of silver proof sets. (That's sort of a misnomer, since all proof sets prior to 1965 were silver...)

Some America the Beautiful examples:

America the Beautiful Quarters, Normal products. (17=2017, A=ATB series, then a product identifier.)

17AA: 2017 ATB QTR UNC SET
17AD: 2017 ATB QTR 3-COIN SET - EFF MNDS
17AE: 2017 ATB QTR 3-COIN SET - DOUGLASS
17AJ: 2017 ATB SILVER UNC 5 OZ - EFF MNDS
17AK: 2017 ATB SILVER UNC 5 OZ - DOUGLASS

America the Beautiful Quarters, Roll and bag products. (17=2017, A=ATB series, "B" is for bag and "R" is for roll, then a product identifier.)

17ABA: 2017 ATB QTR 100-COIN BAG - EFF MNDS (P)
17ABB: 2017 ATB QTR 100-COIN BAG - EFF MNDS (D)
17ABC: 2017 ATB QTR 100-COIN BAG - EFF MNDS (S)
17ABD: 2017 ATB QTR 100-COIN BAG - DOUGLASS (P)
17ABE: 2017 ATB QTR 100-COIN BAG - DOUGLASS (D)
17ABF: 2017 ATB QTR 100-COIN BAG - DOUGLASS (S)
17ARA: 2017 ATB QTR 2-ROLL SET - EFF MNDS (P & D)
17ARB: 2017 ATB QTR 40-COIN ROLL - EFF MNDS (S)
17ARC: 2017 ATB QTR 3-ROLL SET - EFF MNDS (P & D & S)
17ARD: 2017 ATB QTR 2-ROLL SET - DOUGLASS (P & D)
17ARE: 2017 ATB QTR 40-COIN ROLL - DOUGLASS (S)
17ARF: 2017 ATB QTR 3-ROLL SET - DOUGLASS (P & D & S)

For yearly products, the two suffix characters have been consistant since the change. ("yy" is the year.)

Precious Medals

yyEA: AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ
yyEB: AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ
yyEC: AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ
yyED: AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ
yyEE: AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ
yyEF: AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET
yyEG: AM EAGLE SILVER UNC 1 OZ
yyEH: AM EAGLE GOLD UNC 1 OZ
yyEJ: AM EAGLE PLATINUM PROOF 1 OZ
yyEL: AM BUFFALO GOLD PROOF 1 OZ

Regular (Annual sets)

yyRC: LIMITED EDITION SILVER PROOF SET
yyRD: BIRTH SET
yyRE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SET
yyRF: CONGRATULATIONS SET
yyRG: PROOF SET
yyRH: SILVER PROOF SET
yyRJ: UNC SET

Kennedy halves

yyKA: HALF-DOLLAR 200-COIN BAG (P & D)
yyKB: HALF-DOLLAR 2-ROLL SET (P & D)

Native American dollars

yyNA: NA $1 25-COIN ROLL (P)
yyNB: NA $1 25-COIN ROLL (D)
yyNC: NA $1 250-COIN BOX (P)
yyND: NA $1 250-COIN BOX (D)
yyNE: NA $1 100-COIN BAG (P)
yyNF: NA $1 100-COIN BAG (D)

So the 2012 LESPS would be 12RC
Edited by Foxwoods Man
05/20/2019 06:35 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If Option Code = Product Code, then you can get Option Code's for pre-2014 commemoratives on the Mint's Historical Commemorative Coin Sales Figures webpage. The production figures by Option Code are listed for each coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9703 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, both of you!

@Fox - I also found that article on another coin site yesterday when I was searching the Internet for this info. That nomenclature/code only applies to 2016 and later issues (but it is handy info to have!).

@Dog - Thanks for the link. "option code" does appear to be the same as "product code". Though I don't need the codes (currently) for any commemoratives, it's good info and I may need it in the future as I add modern commens to my collection. I bet if I poke around there enough I might be able to find one or two of the ones I'm looking for.
Pillar of the Community
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Though I don't need the codes (currently) for any commemoratives,...

CelticKnot,

Didn't you want some codes for the C&C sets? Since the C&C sets included commemorative coins those products (and codes) are listed in the sales totals on the webpages as well, e.g., the 97 Botanic Gardens C&C code was B70.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9703 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I do - good point. I always forget that some of those sets do include a commemorative. Thanks!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05