Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Calhoun Collectors Society Kennedy Half Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  08:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tristra to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 22 piece set, with case.
Each piece of the set consists of,
1 Kennedy half dollar
1 commemorative coin
Several stamps
Sealed envelope with protective
cover for coins
Plastic folder with the story for
each coin/stamp
I can't seem to find any
information on this type of set.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Uploaded a few photos.
The list of dates are all the coin dates.
Thanks &

Bedrock of the Community
United States
27632 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Just checked eBay,and there are a few for sale but not in a set.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tristra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did see that. Thanks. Was also wondering
If mine is a full set.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18069 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Appears that is just something that someone put together on their own.
just carl
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tristra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
& thanks
Learn More...
United States
72414 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tristra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Valued Member
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are looking for a value I can't tell you that because I don't know. What I can tell you is this.

Calhoun's Collectors Society was a business in Minnesota in The 1970s-1980s and went out of business in the mid 1980s around 84-85 I think.

They sold just about everything collectible at really high markups, from collector plates to coins to stamps to their own 24K gold plated stamp knock offs.

Like a telephone home shopping network before there was a home shopping channel (which might be what put it out for business).

It would have been a really bad investment for whoever bought that set, the only thing with much value would be the Kennedy half dollars possibly based on their condition, the stamps and cards and medals might have some value to someone nowadays though just I don't think anything they sold would have ever resold for mare than they charged for it.

Anyways the medals might be worth something to someone, the half's might be of a condition worth some money if they BU and we're left alone since the 1970s or earlier whenever the set was produced.

I'm afraid there isn't much info on this type of thing, they made a lot of collectible marketing gimmicks to get into people's pockets 40+ years ago and they've been out of business so long now it's hard to find info on even the company anymore.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
05/20/2019 7:35 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05