Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 Raleigh Money Expo June 7-9

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2019  3:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
2019 Raleigh Money Expo June 7-9
2019 June 7, 8, 9

It's that time again! Anyone in the Raleigh area June 7-9 come by the NC Fairgrounds and say hello.

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyMedium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. I'm between GSO and Burlington NC so this is a real possibility for me. It says they have Dealer Tables. Do they sell or buy as well? If they buy, have you ever sold there? Do they give decent prices for raw coins? I have a few I must sell! Need to post them here first to make sure they are what I think they are.
Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2019  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, HappyMedium. Welcome to the forum.

Our dealers do buy and sell at the show. I've never personally sold anything, but most folks here will tell you that you will probably get a little bit better price for your stuff at a show since there is competition.

Feel free to post items on which you have questions in the appropriate forum and the good people here will be happy to give you their input. I suggest starting your own topics because anything you post here will get lost under this topic/forum area.

Hope to see you at the show. I'll be at the club table on Friday and Saturday.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2019  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only 4 days until show time! I'm looking forward to it and hope to see some of you there. Come by the club table and say hello.

We're holding our annual raffle (proceeds to the club's YN program) and this year's prizes are a St. Gaudens, an Indian head quarter eagle, a Liberty head quarter eagle and a MS Morgan (1886 I believe) with toning. Fifth through tenth prizes are 2019 Silver Eagles. The grand prize winner last year isn't a coin collector but was dragged to the show by a friend and purchased one ticket. He got in touch with us recently and asked about getting another ticket...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Show time in two days! Hope you can come by.

FYI - the "Roanoke" in the flyer posted above is our Club Challenge Coin, issued late last year. The reverse has an acorn, the symbol for the City of Oaks - Raleigh, NC.

The educational programs are always very good. Last year, we had programs on Seated and Barber coins (including some research done on the Barber family from someone in the national Barber club) and a presentation on N.C. Gold Stock Certificates. There is also an annual exhibit contest. We usually have dozens of cases with club members' displays. Some members have won national recognition for their numismatic displays.
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every year I want to make it to this show, but we always have something going on in town this weekend in June.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Believe me, I understand. I like getting to as many shows as possible, but this time of year gets busy for lots of reasons. We've moved the date a week or two forward / backward. We try to avoid big graduation weekends, Father's Day, etc. The Fairground sites are always very popular during good weather and there are usually multiple events taking place at the different venues simultaneously.

One day I hope you can make it up north for a visit. I plan to take a few photos and post here after the craziness dies down.
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1353 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The show was very successful. Full houses on Friday and Saturday (I didn't go on Sunday.) I was kinda busy all day and did not get a chance to take photos. Our club photographer hopefully got some nice shots and I'll try to post those at a later time.

And, yes, our illustrious Club President - Commems - was on hand Saturday afternoon! We were glad to see him out and about and I think he had a great time. Looks like he will be back in action very soon.
Learn More...
United States
73436 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05