Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pennies Predecimal Too Good To Be True?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  12:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all
I thought I had posted this too grading section - but cannot see post
I have over the years bought several penny collections
Found this today
Uncirculated? Seems too good to be true
Happy to send individual pics
Appreciate your feedback
Thx

Valued Member
Australia
498 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  12:42 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
idk too small to judge if uncirculated or about unc, possible?
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Thx for reply
What coins do you want individual pics
Valued Member
Australia
498 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  12:47 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
probably the main ones like 1925, the 1920 above and below line, 1910,1914,1915
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking at the quick reply box but
Cannot see how to send pics
Any advice?
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found it

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9761 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:36 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1925 is definitely not uncirculated and the others also appear to have some circulation wear without seeing the obverses.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1920 over under
Sorry 1 upsidedown

Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes
Sorry I know the 1025 is not uncirculated
It's the others / I was blown away by
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  01:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the upside down a double dot?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15445 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too good to be true?

The patina on the 1915, and the 1911 look a little sus to me. Needs to be very closely examined for variations on design detail. I am definitely NOT an expert in this area.
I hope someone else chimes in on this thread with more expertise than me.

Patina on the '25 looks OK.
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Sel
That's what's I was gobsmacked about.
The patina on all (besides the 1925) looked odd
Appreciate your comments
Valued Member
Australia
212 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell without obverse pics.
But I think most of them have been cleaned.
You can still see some of the residue.
Valued Member
Australia
71 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Echidna
Residue?
Where?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15445 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coins with the suspect patinas look like they have been cleaned with vinegar.
No and I mean no, serious collector would do that!!

Which leads me to thinking that they are Chinese fakes.
I have seen other Australian George V Pennies in pictures here in the CCF, which opinions than mine,
that have concluded that they are Chinese fakes.

Might be worth doing a visual search on Google Images:
'Chinese fake Australian George V Penny', for comparisons.
Valued Member
Australia
230 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2019  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sfitzernator to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All these years had FBL on the reverse?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05