Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 W Amp Quarter For Grade Opinion, Best Example Out Of 50 Finds.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,596Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1189 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  10:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi.ok, looking for opinions. This is the best one of the 50 finds. I'm not a photographer, did the best I could with my camera phone and a stand and did what I could for lighting. The coin is really reflective and was disturbing many of the pictures with severe glare. I didn't really focus on anything in particular as problem areas, only the slightest of scratches under magnification, a couple light small ones by the L in liberty, one by the W and the R in quarter, looks fine to the eye. Poles and stairs are uninterrupted

Anyways here they are. Please give me your opinion's on the grade. Thank you for your time and consideration. Hopefully the pictures aren't too bad. This is the best candidate I have found for possible grading wondering if it would be worth the dice roll of sending it in.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
06/11/2019 10:58 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36123 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is the best one of the 50 finds

Contest time?. And maybe a bonus for the idea
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3549 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see no real big problems with this coin from pictures supplied...Would I submit it ? Yes, looks like a chance at 67 or better..IMO If one of the TPG have a package deal, mail in several of your best and sell the others, if your into selling....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7583 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS66 or 67
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2161 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

3rd pic, earlobe looks doubled?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1189 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HI Tunnioc, it's not. It's the lighting. Here's some harsh light pictures that don't highlight around the ear. I think these pictures are somewhat acceptable, but way too much glare, and these aren't as bad as it could get. These are good in comparison to the amount of glare on other shots without blocking the light source.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
06/11/2019 12:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2161 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too good to be true right
Awesome coin MS66 or 67!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1189 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2019  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, too good to be true lol, however, I am looking for that ear doubling on every one,,,, just in case!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51373 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2019  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say 66, super example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2217 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS67.5

KK
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know your pictures aren't the best but from where I'm sitting, yours looks a lot better then mine!! Are these all the same coin? I don't see these hits on the first pictures you posted.

Edited by USSID18
07/13/2019 11:07 am
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have to say MS67 all day long.

Even it is a MS66 it is worth sending it in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1189 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18, yes it's the same coin. Only difference is lighting. Like the doubled ear thing on this thread, lighting has its effect to highlignt edges, low spots, directions it's coming from angles, ect. I'm lost with photography.

Those "hits" on the flagpole you point at visually aren't hits, they are just slightly lower spots in the pole. You can barely make them out in the first picture, but they are there also. It's not so much a hit as it is slightly lower spots on the pole impression that are reflecting differently. Maybe a bit too much grease in the die on the strike right there and the pole didn't stamp as deeply as it could have... not sure but it's not a ding, more like less relief in those spots.

My pictures could be better, but I've no skill at photography or knowledge on it... or much interest in it really. Lol it was the best I could do, must have took 50 pics to get these few couple that weren't either really blurry or washed out by too much light. It's a skill I don't possess lol
Pillar of the Community
5464 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
USSID18, yes it's the same coin. Only difference is lighting. Like the doubled ear thing on this thread, lighting has its effect to highlignt edges, low spots, directions it's coming from angles, ect. I'm lost with photography.

Those "hits" on the flagpole you point at visually aren't hits, they are just slightly lower spots in the pole. You can barely make them out in the first picture, but they are there also. It's not so much a hit as it is slightly lower spots on the pole impression that are reflecting differently. Maybe a bit too much grease in the die on the strike right there and the pole didn't stamp as deeply as it could have... not sure but it's not a ding, more like less relief in those spots.

My pictures could be better, but I've no skill at photography or knowledge on it... or much interest in it really. Lol it was the best I could do, must have took 50 pics to get these few couple that weren't either really blurry or washed out by too much light. It's a skill I don't possess lol

From here, I'd say yours is definitely better them mine! I guess it depends on which TPG grades it. Did you say you were going to submit it?

http://goccf.com/t/348995#3010911
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36123 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  04:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom,
Your pics are good,with a bit more practice they might be very good. Check out the photo section,tell us your setup and maybe someone can give you a few tips to help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1189 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18 at some point I likely will submit for grading but I'm not in a hurry to do it since the company grading special's for them ended and like there's no early find label for it anymore or anything like that. So just going to wait for a good grading deal to appear I guess in send in a handful of the best maybe. Not sure what I'll do yet but just not in a rush about it. I'm not a fan of slaved coins or TPGs unless I would be thinking of selling and I would help maximize the money earned from the sale.

Much more likely I will submit for grading though since you did so well on yours. It makes me feel a bit better on spending the money to have it done. The uncertainty of it, and whether my own opinion is high or low, makes me uncomfortable in general but seeing yours come back higher than I would have guessed makes me more confident that I'm likely harsher on my coins than they would be.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
07/14/2019 05:37 am
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05