Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching For "W" Mints

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
439 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  8:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Not Mint to Be to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Forgive me if this has already been asked. How many of you are searching quarter rolls for the "W" mint coins? Do any of you find just the 2019 minted coins by the roll to search? And have any of found any "W" minted coins this way?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4356 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Pillar of the Community
United States
5141 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have literally received less than 8 2019 quarters in change so far. I pay cash only so this is quite surprising. I have ordered and searched almost 20 boxes of quarters and none of them have been brilliant uncirculated. I quite literally have not seen an uncirculated roll of 2019 quarters
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1515 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are circulating all over Page AZ. (dam giftshop,gas stations and fast food joints) only 2 banks in town,tellers won't check for "out of towners" Picked-up 4 boxes from my branch,opened to see old enders,deposited them at another branch with-out un-rolling...the search continues
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  05:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. I am actively searching for W quarters. I do a box a week and then stop here or there along my travels and pick up 2-4 rolls on top of that, so maybe a box an a half a week.

2 boxes of 5 that have been all Loomis rolls so far have been 2019 P uncirculated American Memorial Park quarters. I've pulled about 47 AMP Ws from those two boxes.
As far as random roll pickups, I've gotten one slightly circulated AMP W from a circulated roll and I've found 1 Lowell W from a uncirculated NF String AMP P roll.

If you can do it, I'd suggest the best bet is to ask the bank to order a box and cross your fingers it will be new uncirculated. It's still hit or miss but if you get a whole box you will wind up with 10-40 or so Ws. By picking up rolls, they will usually try to give you customer wrapped first and older rolls from the teller stations. One bank I know has new AMP rolls for instance because they give me them randomly, but most times they are giving me their customer wrapped and wouldn't order a box for me.

I got them to give me a box of pennies and hoping to establish a relationship to where they will finally order boxes for me but looks like that's going to be a slow process to get there.

To recap. Yes searching, yes by box and roll and have found them either way but by box is more productive when you do find them, circulated rolls can have them in there also but at a much lower rate.
And I'm spending a good amount of effort as serious roll hunters do on it, and of the about 500 rolls I've searched on this so far there's been no silver quarters found yet.

In other topics related to this and the quarter roll hunting topic I've posted tips I've found helpful on where to look or how to get ask a bank to order a box for you ect and which banks I feel are better than others by neighborhood/location/demographic.

So if you are looking for more info search the forum for W quarters and read. Thanks. I hope this answered your questions and if you're looking you find them!
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2019  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
me my son and my brother have found about 200 of the w quarters.one bank got boxes of them in at all there branches.
Pillar of the Community
United States
945 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opens just 12 rolls and got 12 W's.
"Coin collectors aren't afraid of change."
-Unknown
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grime5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got 480.. yesterday and got 32
Pillar of the Community
United States
4356 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2019  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to see close-up pictures of the best ones you guys have found. I'd like to compare my best one with yours. Is there a thread here I'm missing, that addresses this?

Edited by USSID18
06/18/2019 7:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2019  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought 3 boxes. I found one "W" and 2 silver quarters. All 3 boxes were mostly old quarters. Hoping for a full box of 2019's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
USSID18, you could probably start a thread in grading called W quarter comparisons and put yours there and I think most people as they find them would like to see how they stack up against your graded example.
Learn More...
United States
76200 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I bought 3 boxes. I found one "W" and 2 silver quarters.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4356 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
USSID18, you could probably start a thread in grading called W quarter comparisons and put yours there and I think most people as they find them would like to see how they stack up against your graded example.

Yep, good point Big-Kingdom! I'll post the link here after a create it. Thanks!

http://goccf.com/t/351381

Edited by USSID18
07/15/2019 09:54 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went through another Loomis box of quarters. Found 2- W-Mint Quarters and a 1954 silver. So far the 3 W's I have are all N. Mariana Islands.
Edited by Mr Click
07/17/2019 6:21 pm
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05