Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarter Roll Searching For "W" Mints

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
4215 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Went through another Loomis box of quarters. Found 2- W-Mint Quarters and a 1954 silver. So far the 3 W's I have are all N. Mariana Islands.

What are the conditions of your W's?
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory Of Those Members Who Left Us Too Soon.....
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like 40 bucks being through a box of quarters and aint found a one one as yet... but I am a long way from a federal reserve bank. My little bro lives In OK City and found 9 Lowell in $190 bucks worth of machine rolled - mostly in BU plus.. Where ya live at make a big difference in finding them it seems
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All three are in BU condition. I live in Tampa FL
Pillar of the Community
United States
4215 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the distributions areas at the bottom of this link for this past April.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/prec...ulation.html

Pillar of the Community
United States
4215 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All three are in BU condition. I live in Tampa FL

Can you post pictures?

Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to post pics later. I haven't found any others and they are in with 1965 through 2019 quarters. I went and got a few strings and sons and they were all Lowell p mints. No W's
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When do they drop the remaining w mint quarters. Is there a schedule out?
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2019  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One box of quarters = zero W's
= zero Silver
I will be banking 99% of em

On to my box of halves
Learn More...
United States
74973 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Went through another Loomis box of quarters. Found 2- W-Mint Quarters and a 1954 silver. So far the 3 W's I have are all N. Mariana Islands.
Nice finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found another "W". I think I need to make a trip to Orlando and buy a few boxes and hope I get lucky. Getting one a box isn't cutting it.
Learn More...
United States
74973 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a struggle Mr Click. I get two boxes a week and for the last 5 weeks getting older 2018 bu boxes, or Lowell boxes which doesn't have them or circulated boxes. They will turn up eventually though just gotta stay at it. I've spent the time on the math of it and they average about 250 million coins of each design that's 5000 bulk bag pallets@200k coins each, which makes 100 boxes from each bulk bag pallet@2k coins each box total of 125K boxes of quarters per design average estimated. If they distributed to all 50 states, which they didn't, that would be 2500 boxes per state of each design from 25 bulk bag pallets. They will turn up when the armored carriers get to distributing them they have their inventory though but I believe it's a matter of time only until they get to them and the BU boxes will turn up.

I like to check ebay and sort by "nearest me" and see if anyone is on there near me selling them and check their listing what city their location is.
That's my little secret though, so shhhh. Top secret. I find it helps if someone within 15 miles is selling them for an idea of where to look but I'm not gonna drive an hour or 4 to go hunt them. Lol.

Next release dates are:
San Antonio Missions is Aug 26th
Frank Church River of No Return is Nov. 4th.
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not happy about driving an hour but I'll try and order 6 boxes to make it worth my while. Plus maybe take the family out to eat and maybe miniature golf while we are there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
955 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2019  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Click to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a trip to Charlotte NC with the family. I'll be picking up boxes of quarters there. Fingers crossed
Learn More...
United States
74973 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2019  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On a trip to Charlotte NC with the family. I'll be picking up boxes of quarters there. Fingers crossed
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05