Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Upcoming 2018 Reverse Proof American Innovation Coin

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone else getting extremely slow delivery?

Not this time but I have before.
Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you are trying to get the capsule out it isn't going to work as they wrecked my packaging trying to get it out which I was fine with but jus' sayin' it isn't going to come out whole.
That was what I suspected when I looked at it.

I am in no hurry to crack out this or the other proof until I see how the series unfolds. I will probably not think about an album until it is done.
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you are trying to get the capsule out it isn't going to work as they wrecked my packaging

Looks like I'm gonna have to sacrifice one of mine. Good thing I got 5 of them so not that big of a deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
735 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone else getting extremely slow delivery?
Well, I'm still waiting for mine so I guess I'll join the "slow" club.
It amazes me that others have had theirs delivered, mailed them to a TPG, had them graded, then got them back and have sold them online, while mine is somewhere in the twilight zone.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2019  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BobK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered mine on the 14th and got it yesterday, the 21st. Probably the fastest order I've had from the mint yet.

I'm probably only going to collect a year set (4/year set?), one of each design without regard to mint mark. I really don't like edge lettering, dates and mint marks so I'm not going to collect a new series with them.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered mine 30 minutes into the release and I'mástill waiting for them.
Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2019  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm probably only going to collect a year set (4/year set?), one of each design without regard to mint mark. I really don't like edge lettering, dates and mint marks so I'm not going to collect a new series with them.
I feel the same way.

My Presidential dollars are a proof only year set. Easy choice since I get the proof sets already. I do have the 2009 Presidential dollars from the mint set that I bought for the cents. I also bought the 2015 and 2016 uncirculated Presidential dollar sets because I wanted them to compliment the C&C sets. Other than that, all proof.

I will likely do the same for this series.
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2019  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I filed a freedom of information request regarding the mintage that was stated on the foi request posted in a previous page, and why they only site 75,000 mintage limit and not the 100,000+ noted in the foi answer.

Got a call today from a woman who left a message asking where I got the figure and that she enquired and she said only 75,000 were minted. Will call her back tomorrow to see what she's says when I forward the previous FOI response.
Edited by mellamobradley46
09/03/2019 5:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay so I spoke with the woman at the us mint who prepares FOI act responses, and she told me they stamped the 100,000+ coins but the mintage limit is 75,000. They stamped many more in case there were issues and returns. That seems like a lot extra. When I get the official response I'll post it.
Edited by mellamobradley46
09/04/2019 1:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1321 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's crazy. Sounds like they don't have much confidence in their QC. Oh wait, they don't have QC. Imagine the money they could save on minting extra coins if they would make them right to begin with.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the Quality control you are talking about.
I don't know what happened here looks like a die crack it is all raised metal of the coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
762 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's pretty cool
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another pic

Learn More...
United States
76155 Posts
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05