Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Best Silver You Can Stack?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  4:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know I know.. this is a long video! It's also based on opinion... opinions are like coins—everybody has them!

Au5APy4b7rs
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15566 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MY opinion:
The best silver to stack is that for which you will pay the lowest premium over the pure silver price.

If you are a silver stacker your primary interest is the price of silver, not the added numismatic value otherwise you have some degree of numismatic motivation.
Nothing wrong with that.

From a purely silver stacker point of view the order of preference should be:
1. pure silver bars in the largest sizes possible, so that the premium per ounce over the silver is as low as possible
2. silver bullion coins - but not proofs, in lowest grade possible.
3. 90% silver coins, taken at face value, from CRH'ing activites (Why 3rd place? - because refining costs have to be paid.)
4. other bullion coins against which some premium has been paid, such as proof bullion coins.
5. World scrap silver coins. (That is the area in which I accumulate, because they usually come as "by" purchases that have been included in larger numismatic job lots)
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ariette to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
MY opinion:
The best silver to stack is that for which you will pay the lowest premium over the pure silver price.

Agreed. Best silver to stack in my opinion are those generic rounds you can get for $.49 over spot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
927 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add llewellin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm partial to 100 oz bars: very low premium, nice size, easy to sell and not worry about shipping.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9816 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2019  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that bullion bars and rounds are the best. 100 oz bars aren't within my budget, so I would probably stick to 1 oz pieces and add to the stack frequently. The premium will be a little more, but I think 1 oz will be easier to offload than 100 oz bars.

For the price of 100 oz silver bars, you should probably consider gold, as well.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3704 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best silver to stack? Silver that's free, from dirtfishing or found at face via roll hunting. I've gained thousands of silvers that way. If I can do it, so can you.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17001 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have done far better investment wise buying low mintage foreign bullion coins than silver eagles, rounds and bars.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15566 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Philosophically, the scrap silver that I have accumulated over the years, has all come as a zero cost in numismatic job lots, relative to the targeted numismatic item that I was interested in that job lot.

The actual cost of the scrap silver that I have accumulated can only be guessed at.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2101 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2019  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion is that stacking constitutional sliver is the way to go. If the market for silver ever crashes (not saying it will) then you can at least spend the coins you've stacked and make back some of that money. Also, constitutional silver is still circulating around in some places, mostly in rolls, so it would be easier to obtain than bullion, and cheaper as well. Just my "two cents". :)

-CH27
CoinHunter27
Collector of US errors and variety coins of all kinds

"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent"
-Carl Sandburg
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05