Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

In A Bank Tellers World

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3178 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last time I looked , I can borrow half a million at less than 3 per cent if I so desire .
BTW not only our bank , but our Credit Union as well charge for rolls .
Here in Canada roll hunting is pretty much dead anyways . The one Cent
Left in 2013 ( last Date was 2012) and everything else is after 2000 due to the
ARP .... alloy recovery program of the Royal Canadian Mint .
Talked to the Head teller at my US bank in WA state , she said they just plain discourage anyone but a business
Client from either asking for or depositing rolls . They also will NOT order halves or Dollars or Two Dollar notes
, as she said it simply cost them too much money for absolutely no return.
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After searching through rolls obtained at one major bank (where I have accounts), I roll what I don't keep and turn them in at a different major bank (where I have accounts). Swapping rolls for more rolls is something I don't do. Not being judgmental, just a method I stick with. Knowing that banks are steadily becoming more restrictive in handling coin, I try to keep a friendly, low-profile posture. It's been working so far. I even have a teller or two watching out for me. Just last week a teller steered me away from a stack of rolled cents, knowing that they had been brought in by a roll searcher. Nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3850 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to search thousands in coin per week, found thousands of silvers, not to mention other keepers. Carried at least a half dozen accounts at a time. Jumped out of the game just a while back. The banks were happy for me to take their rolled coin, I saved them money. Didn't have to order, I just routinely made the rounds. Certain banks, especially those holding business accounts, can receive thousands in coin per month. My town has at least 60 banks and CU's, so if one didn't work (rare), I'd find another. What's nice is that one can still find a bank to order for you when you have no account. They are out there, but you have to get out of the chair to find one.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 6.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05