Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 X 1924 Pennies With 2 Identical Die Cracks. Twins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Australia
22 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2019  10:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add boatshed to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These two 1924 pennies must have been minted very close together. Same die cracks in same areas. At first I thought I had checked the same coin twice. Does that make their variety more valuable as a pair? If only coins could talk ....
Edited by boatshed
07/09/2019 04:56 am
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Images ?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
522 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  01:23 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe depend on type and the buyer. It might be hard to find that error in first place so a pair of them might go for slightly more if they show different stages or cracking.

Images please :)
Australia
22 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add boatshed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I notice that there is a softer impression under TH on the reverse in identical positions on both coins.
These coins look like identical TWINS.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37968 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guessing this is found frequently on this date.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked, and found quite a few on the web. 2 places referred to this crack as

1P1924CRACK-07C, from where, I don't know.
Australia
22 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add boatshed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Found it. Thanks fioti and Coinfrog.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
522 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2019  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah early pennies and half pennies, sixpence and threepence die cracks are quite common, with pennies being the most common probably due to die changes and experimentation. However that's not to say they don't have premium especially in higher grades, compare to decimal coins they are very easily found, since checking was done by humans and they didn't care that much in those days, there might have been crack or two.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05