Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 1943 Copper Lincoln Pennies?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  04:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tattedupmama35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone tell me if these are 1943 copper pennies or just really damaged pennies? I recently acquired some old pennies at a yard sale and am curious if these are what I and my neighbors dream of them being? Any info is very much appreciated. :-)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1403 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  06:20 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hope you have fun at CCF.

The chances that either of the two are 1943 copper cents are between 0.0000% and 0.0%. The first coin is sometime in the 40's and I think the second coin is a 1940. The condition of the coins is just too far gone to tell from the photos.

Just my 2 worth. Let's see what the real experts think?
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Pillar of the Community
United States
770 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have a less than poor 1 condition Lincoln cent with various types of environmental damage and unreadable dates. Not collector coins of any value, even if they were 1943 copper cents that were able to be identified by some sort of diagnostic other than the date. Just too damaged.

If it makes you feel any better though these are not 1943 copper cents. Chance of either being that are worse than the earth exploding as I type this, chance of two of them would be more like the universe collapsing while I type this.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13576 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tum35, first welcome to CCF. Second, then best way to determine the date when some of the numbers are partly missing is to compare against known examples. If you look at the your date and the date of an actual '43, you will see that the remnant last digit on your coin is quite different.

For sure wishful thinking on your part, but we can all dream, right?

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42257 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question, keep looking!

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MSI2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Top cent looks like a 1945 with the 5 taking a hit and the bottom cent look to me to be a 1948 cent with the 8 taking a hit.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18665 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both look like someone really didn't like those and beat them up.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05