Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1863 North Carolina $3 Bill Helpppppp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  12:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mustangsally31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Newbie here, please be gentle.
inherited some bills from US granny (Canadian here).
Trying to figure out what this bill might be worth (if anything). Please see scan. I noticed the word "copy" on the left side. This is definitely old, been in storage for at least 50 years. Thank you for your help!!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15499 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The word COPY should tell you what you need to know. This is a modern copy. Copies of civil war era notes were very common in the late 1950's early sixties due to the centennial of the war. probably not worth more than 50 cent to a dollar as a novelty item.
Gary Schmidt
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mustangsally31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Gary, I was hoping an earlier copy as it was with great grandfathers 'stuff' with legit $10 and $20 bills from the 1800s.I appreciate the information, thanks again.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28063 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
Quote:
legit $10 and $20 bills from the 1800s

You know we are going to want to see them
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
73473 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2135 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF mustangsally31.

A genuine example of your note can be bought in uncirculated condition for under $40. These copies of originals often had advertisements on the back and were given away. The original note was printed by J.T.Paterson & Co. Augusta GA. Image of an original courtesy Heritage Archives.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
37994 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lesson learned, so you've come away with something.

to the Paper Money Forum!
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2019  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mustangsally31 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These ones are in rough shape! But here ya go.... and thanks for the replies :)

Bedrock of the Community
United States
28063 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2019  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting the photos. I will wait for the pros comments.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05