Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Planchet Striations Or Linear Plating Bubbles?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
617 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2019  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Greasy Fingers, Found in a roll of 2005 cents in 2005. when they were wrapping them with plastic (do they do that anymore? lol). I'm pretty sure I was trying to find a couple best examples of business strikes at the time to set aside because of the satin finish mint sets.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2568 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Big-Kingdom
Brinks used plastic tubes the last time I got a Brinks box. They laid the rolls flat vs standing on end as in String and son and Loomis. I got two boxes Friday. They had paper rolls laid flat. They had no markings.
Pillar of the Community
United States
617 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting DrDon, I had thought maybe the rebellion against all things plastic might have phased out the plastic shrink sleeves, landfills needing space, saving seabirds and dolphins and such. I'm a fan of hunting the Loomis rolls, and the NF Strings seem OK also, I'm not a fan of those orange and white paper rolls without markings on them at all, seems like I never find anything of any significance in those. I haven't seen a plastic wrapped roll in person in at least 10 years, only older rolls on ebay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2568 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last Brinks box Igot was 4 or 5 years ago. It had plastic rolls.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05