Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Thailand Coins....i Like Elephants..espcially On The 1 Baht Coins...

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  06:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Edited by spirityoda
07/19/2019 06:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4120 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you like elephants check out coins from Liberia, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kanga. What I meant was I like the elephants on my last photo in thee above post. I will check out the Liberia coins with elephants. Someone in another forum keeps asking me to sell them my last coin in the above post and I keep telling them no. It is to hard to find these coins in that nice a grade. NFS=not for sale. It's a grade rarity.
Edited by spirityoda
07/19/2019 09:01 am
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kanga I also have some Belgian Congo elephant coins that I like very much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3151 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spirityoda, nice thai coin collection! You may remember me on CT as well. I want first dibs on the 1913 one day, I need it for my set!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
28488 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spirityoda,
Nice coins. Make sure to flatten those staples
Also,congrats on 50 posts
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16367 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beautiful series. Nice grades (higher than 45) are tough to find. Full luster MS are much more difficult than the prices might indicate.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
moxking. I agree the prices on these are much higher than Krause values. I need to upgrade my 1/4 for sure someday.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mkman123. As I said before it is not for sale. NFS. The dealer I got it from in Vegas said he and his wife went to Thailand to buy coins. He brought this 1 and the 1/2 baht back from Thailand. I have not seen him back at the Vegas coin shows in a very long time. There are some world coins that you and me just will not part with. This Baht I will not part with. Thee other 2 single elephant coins I will never part with either since I bought those 2 off a dealer/friend that got shot and killed in my town of St. George, Utah. Those 2 have so much sentimental value attached to them. They will never be sold.
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add winterfell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2054 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection. Hold on to them.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spirityoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I will keep them for a very long time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3151 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spirityoda, no need to be upset. I just mentioned if one day they are available I'd love to add it to my collection, thats all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3151 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spirityoda, you've collected world coins longer than I have especially the thai. Would you say that thai coins have become much harder to find? I've had dealers at MAJOR shows look and find absolutely nothing! I think ebay, auctions, and others sites are the only real avenue. I go to thailand yearly and wow they want way too much for their details/problem coins!
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heck yes! Wow! Those are pretty sweet and hard to come by at least in my neck of the woods.

I wish those were mine. You are lucky man. Enjoy them for their beauty and enjoy watching their value increase. Excellent long term hold.

There are species of elephant found only in Africa and species of elephant only in Asia. There is no species found in both Africa and Asia. Africa has far more species and many, many more elephants then Asia. Comparing African to Asian elephants is not apples to apples but more like apples to durian.

Oh... I'm sure you know the last King of Thailand has passed and the country is in disarray. There will not be another King no matter what some say. At least not in our lifetime. This makes your coins all the more unique.

"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else." - P.T. Barnum

eBay ID: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sellingsecretslegit
eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/globalcoin...collectibles
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05