Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So Does This Look Like A MS-65 Coin To You?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  6:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I like to look at different coin auctions in the unlikely chance that a true jewel will escape the attention of others. It has not happened yet, coin collectors are pretty good at spotting the good ones. I came across this one up for auction which was given a MS65 grade. I thought "no way" until I saw the grader... a company named "ICCS?

Don't know anything about them, their reputation, heck even if they are in business anymore, but come on now! Ok, I realize that holders can scratch, flip holders can go bad (and wreck the coins while they do so as a side benefit, etc).

ANACS would be the least TPG I would go with.

https://www.icollector.com/Canada-1...0&ec=1303008

mike
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1731 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ICCS is one of the most recognized TPG in Canada, the image shows either bag marks or perhaps scuffing on the plastic holder, its hard to see in the image but its high MS for sure be it 64 or 65. there also looks like some toning.

also ICCS is old skool, no website, no registry, small company.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12573 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hazing and stains on that no it shouldn't be gem by most TPG standards. Canada has their own which march to their own beat and well you get coins like that. I wouldn't touch it but if they like it that's their choice

The it could have changed after grading doesn't really work for 1953 coins unless their sealing method itself is destructive
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42214 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2019  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics are unflattering to say the least.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10206 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  12:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's really difficult to tell what's going on with those pics, but if you'll be looking at many graded Canadian coins, get used to ICCS.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, sorry guys, I did not realize that Canada had their own TPG grading service, eh? But now I do.

Thanks for the replies... mike
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15939 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2019  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ICCS is probably considered to be the premier TPG for Canadian coins, especially IN Canada. Usually highly thought of for other British Commonwealth, not quite as well for other countries.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05